NewsNXP to focus on all CMOS radar March 10, 2015 In announcing the planned acquisition of Freescale Semiconductor, NXP Semiconductor CEO Rick Clemmer last week explained how he expects the new entity — NXP and Freescale combined — to lead the growing automotive electronics market. Read more MEMS acceleration sensor widens application spectrum in vehicles March 09, 2015 For applications in the infotainment and telematics sector Bosch has developed a triaxial MEMS-based acceleration sensor. The device serves the growing demand for acceleration sensors beyond the safety domain. Read more Analysis tool stops software "erosion" March 05, 2015 Enabling developers to write better embedded software is the goal of the creators of the Bauhaus Suite, a software development environment from tool vendor Axivion GmbH. The tool suite supports MISRA C:2012 and allows automated static analysis for C# programs integrated into Microsoft Visual Studio. ... Read more Harman: How the Connected Car shapes future infotainment systems March 05, 2015 With the Connected Car becoming reality, the infotainment landscape in the vehicles will undergo massive changes. At the recent Euroforum industry meeting on automotive electronics in Munich, Harman sketched they way from today's relatively simple infotainment systems to the connectivity hubs of the ... Read more Stress tracker tames drivers March 04, 2015 Based on scientific literature, pulse rate alone doesn't give an accurate reading of a person’s stress level (you could just be jogging), but combining it with other indicators such as skin conductance makes it possible to distinguish between good physical stress and bad emotional stress. Read more Freescale unveils vision SoC for accident-free cars March 03, 2015 Freescale Semiconductor has unveiled at the Mobile World Congress an automotive vision system-on-chip, dubbed S32V, designed for what the company calls “an accident-free car.” Read more Femtocell improves in-car mobile connectivity March 03, 2015 In a joint effort, carmaker BMW, communications equipment vendor Peiker Acoustic and consulting company Nash Technology have developed an in-car femtocell that connects multiple mobile terminals inside the car to the outside world. Read more Study: Autonomous driving changes cities and auto industry March 03, 2015 The driverless car will have a disruptive effect on the automotive industry as we know it. A study from management consulting company McKinsey predicts that this achievement will create many new business opportunities for the automotive industry and will significantly affect many other industry branches ... Read more Opinion: What the NXP/Freescale takeover means for automotive electronics March 03, 2015 Will the planned acquisition of Freescale through NXP change the automotive semiconductor landscape? Obviously yes, since both companies are already massively involved in this market, and united they will certainly gain significance. But at whose expense? Read more Green Hills to support Renesas' R-Car E2 devices March 03, 2015 Independent software vendor Green Hills Software is now supporting Renesas Electronics’ R-Car E2 system-on-chip (SoC) device with its Green Hills INTEGRITY real-time operating system (RTOS). Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- MOST – a gigabit data backbone for future car generations?
- Delphi selected to build Audi’s autopilot computer
- Is head-up display future ADAS screen?
- Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye
- Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods
- How will deep learning change SoCs?
- Multi-function integrated FET switch replaces automotive relays
- Magneti Marelli revs up F1, motorcycle racing
- Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution
- MINI giving drivers a peek at 'augmented reality'
- The car's the star...
- Electric vehicles: Driving range decides
- MOSTCO demos integration of MOST bus with Autosar
- Rare earth magnets still optimum choice, says motor design expert
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation