NewsInfotainment rapidly gets connected, says market researcher July 17, 2013 ABI Research forecasts that the number of MirrorLink and GENIVI car connected automotive infotainment systems will increase from around 10,000 at the end of 2012 to 27.9 million in North America, Western Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region by the end of 2018. Read more Agile software development source adds Git link July 17, 2013 Hansoft, Swedish provider of tools for agile software development, has released a ready-made integration with Git: Git is a free and open source distributed Version Control system designed to handle everything from small to very large projects with speed and efficiency. Read more 10-channel automotive LED driver IC operates over the 4.5 to 36V range July 17, 2013 The A8517 from Allegro MicroSystems Europe is a programmable multiple-output LED driver IC incorporating an I2C interface and designed for automotive applications such as LCD backlighting, instrument clusters, and daytime running lights. Read more Consortium presents three-dimensional OLED rear lighting concept July 16, 2013 The members of the OLED 3D research consortium these days presented a world first: the development of large-area, three-dimensional organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) and their use in the rear lighting of a vehicle for the first time. This demonstrates the extent to which this new lighting technology ... Read more New controllers for panorama and defog effect July 16, 2013 Automotive supplier Eberspaecher Controls plans to present the second generation of its controller for electro-transparent glazing at the IAA 2013, the international motor show in Frankfurt. If a voltage is applied to suitable panes, they become transparent. Without a voltage, the stored particles block ... Read more Audio amplifiers offer reduced smartphone interference July 16, 2013 NXP announced enhancements to its family of Class-AB audio amplifiers, providing improved quiescent current reduction and decreased smart phone signal interference. The devices are targeting in particular automotive infotainment applications. Read more Extremely fast ion conductors: Another step towards better beatteries July 16, 2013 Though they started their research on future battery materials only past April, they already have achieved potentially seminal results: A research team at the Technical University of Graz (Austria) succeeded in providing fundamental data on the nuclear dynamics of a specific ion conductor that could ... Read more Touch controller enables touchpad designs in car center stacks July 15, 2013 The center stack in cars has a double role: It contains the user interface for many functions such as climate control or infotainment system as well as the associated electronic devices. This where Atmel Corp. aims at with its new maXTouch controller product family. The devices enable single-layer shieldless ... Read more TI introduces motor driver family for functional safety applications July 11, 2013 Texas Instruments (TI) announced a sweeping expansion of its automotive motor driver family. The move is intended to help TI customers design automotive applications to meet the functional safety requirements of ISO 26262. Read more Volvo makes the new XC90 a "safety car" July 11, 2013 In motorsport, a safety car is a special vehicle that limits the speed of the competing vehicles on the racetrack. Swedish carmaker Volvo attaches a different significance to the safety car with its all-new XC90, due to appear on the market in 2014: The XC90 will be all full of innovative safety features. ... Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- MOST – a gigabit data backbone for future car generations?
- Is head-up display future ADAS screen?
- Multi-function integrated FET switch replaces automotive relays
- Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods
- MINI giving drivers a peek at 'augmented reality'
- Magneti Marelli revs up F1, motorcycle racing
- Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution
- The car's the star...
- Electric vehicles: Driving range decides
- MEMS based lighting control optimises road illumination
- PSA, IBM tie Connected Car to the Internet of Things
- Rare earth magnets still optimum choice, says motor design expert
- Multicore microcontrollers combine safety, security features
- VxWorks brings ISO 26262 to the operating system level
- BMW, Alpinestars bring airbag to motorbikes
- Automotive Designs Demand Low EMI Synchronous Buck Converters
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation