BusinessMOST Cooperation: Change at the administrator level November 14, 2014 Henry Muyshondt from Microchip Technology succeeds Rainer Klos as the administrator of the MOST Cooperation. Muyshondt will continue to establish MOST150 as the infotainment data bus of choice among carmakers, and he will face the challenging task of leading the MOST technology into the future. Read more Renesas shifts automotive centre of gravity to Europe November 13, 2014 Concentrating its ADAS R&D activities in one organisation with worldwide responsibilities, chipmaker Renesas has established its Global ADAS Solution Group in Düsseldorf, Germany. At electronica, Jean-Francois Chouteau, General Manager of this group, explained the chipmaker's intentions and strategies ... Read more MEMS group goes open-source on fusion algorithms November 10, 2014 The MEMS Industry Group has announced the formation of an open-source algorithm cooperative that is intended to encourage collaboration in the creation of software across the MEMS and sensor supply chain. Read more TRW power steering system in VW, Skoda, Audi and Fiat November 05, 2014 The third generation of TRW's electrically driven power steering system (EPS Column Drive) is hitting the street: The company supplies two vehicle platforms with more than one million units annually. In Europe, Volkswagen models Polo, Up and e-Up as well as Audi A1, Skoda models Rapid, Rapid Spaceback, ... Read more Carmakers lead German industry in R&D spending October 28, 2014 The R&D budget is one of the most important indicators for the innovation strength of a company or even an entire industry branch. A study from consulting company strategy& (formerly Booz & Company) attests the German industry as a hole a strong position in the global R&D comparison - German large enterprises ... Read more Vector, Baselabs join forces to develop ADAS tools October 08, 2014 German software companies Vector Informatik and Baselabs have entered a formal partnership to jointly creating products enabling other companies to develop advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS). To fortify the partnership, Vector invests heavily into Baselabs. Read more Johnson Matthey acquires battery materials assets from A123 October 07, 2014 A123 Systems LLC, has completed the sale of the company's facilities for the production of certain battery materials to Johnson Matthey, a world-class manufacturer of specialty chemicals. Read more Macronix rolls out European expansion plan October 01, 2014 Non-volatile memories are in growing demand for all kinds of embedded systems, from wearables to vehicles. And vehicles is the fastest-growing market for Taiwanese chipmaker Macronix, which specialises in non-volatile memories. The company, in past successful in as supplier to the Japanese automotive ... Read more BMW joins forces with Baidu for automated driving September 30, 2014 Having driven thousands of kilometres in self-driving mode on European motorways, carmaker BMW is embarking a joint research project aiming at introducing automated driving in the world's largest market for passenger cars, China. Read more Research platform refines EV battery production processes September 29, 2014 The research centre ZSW has put into operation a new lab capable of perfecting lithium-ion traction batteries and associated production technology. The purpose of the lab, located in Ulm (Germany), is creating the blueprint for batteries and battery manufacturing equipment at an industrial scale for ... Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Bosch seeks to hire thousands of engineers
- Auto chip market: upheaval ahead
- Delphi selected to build Audi’s autopilot computer
- Bosch CEO predicts cheaper batteries, networked traffic
- Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye
- Bosch to launch business unit for motorbike electronics
- Is head-up display future ADAS screen?
- Nvidia computer as processing hub for self-driving cars
- Infineon, GE invest in deterministic networking technology
- How will deep learning change SoCs?
- Magneti Marelli revs up F1, motorcycle racing
- Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods
- Fraunhofer launches test centre for high-voltage batteries
- Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution
- The car's the star...
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation