MarketElectric vehicles: Driving range decides April 24, 2015 Though the sales figures of electric vehicles fall short of vendor’s expectations, the number of available models will continue to climb, predicts market researcher Frost & Sullivan. Plug-in hybrid vehicles (PHEV) are rapidly gaining market share over battery electric vehicles – driving range continues ... Read more Auto chip market: upheaval ahead March 27, 2015 The market watchers from IHS have published their rankings of the automotive semiconductor suppliers. The figures draw the picture of a well-balanced, stable landscape, but probably for the last time, because sweeping market changes are already in the offing. Read more NXP to focus on all CMOS radar March 10, 2015 In announcing the planned acquisition of Freescale Semiconductor, NXP Semiconductor CEO Rick Clemmer last week explained how he expects the new entity — NXP and Freescale combined — to lead the growing automotive electronics market. Read more Study: Autonomous driving changes cities and auto industry March 03, 2015 The driverless car will have a disruptive effect on the automotive industry as we know it. A study from management consulting company McKinsey predicts that this achievement will create many new business opportunities for the automotive industry and will significantly affect many other industry branches ... Read more Connected Car: Dramatic growth ahead January 27, 2015 Already in a few years, the number of connected cars out on the roads will reach a quarter billion. Market research and IT consultant firm Gartner predicts a dramatic growth - and many new business opportunities for hardware and software vendors. Read more Infineon takes the lead in auto semiconductors January 26, 2015 After a pursuit race that lasted years, Infineon has taken the lead over long-standing number one Renesas in the automotive semiconductor market. While the IHS release does not state the figures for Renesas, Infineon could extend their market share from 9.2% in 2013 to 9.8% in 2014. Other winners are ... Read more Study: Asia leads automotive innovation January 23, 2015 In a recent study, market research company Thomson Reuters has investigated the overall innovation speed and intensity in the automotive industry. The market watchers identified five areas where innovation currently is particular strong. The study also names the top innovation drivers: They mostly are ... Read more Time is ripe for structural electronics, says IDTechEx December 11, 2014 With 3D printing hot in the news, and conformable, flexible or even printed electronics fitting any shape, it is only a matter of time before electronic circuits can be laid-out as part of the 3D printing process, the electronic framework becoming an integral supporting part of any object's mechanical ... Read more Automotive industry drives chip demand November 19, 2014 Among all major end use-applications for integrated circuits, the automotive market exposes the strongest growth, finds market researcher IC Insight in a study to be released later this month. For the entire time frame covered by the study - until 2018 - this situation won't change. Read more Smartphone integration shifts automotive processor demand September 26, 2014 As the most disruptive trend in the automotive infotainment industry has market researcher HIS identified the use of smartphones in cars. The reason: Since smartphones are as ubiquitous as they are in today's vehicles, consequences for the design of head units and telematics portals in the vehicles are ... Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- MOST – a gigabit data backbone for future car generations?
- Delphi selected to build Audi’s autopilot computer
- Is head-up display future ADAS screen?
- Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye
- Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods
- How will deep learning change SoCs?
- Multi-function integrated FET switch replaces automotive relays
- Magneti Marelli revs up F1, motorcycle racing
- Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution
- MINI giving drivers a peek at 'augmented reality'
- The car's the star...
- Electric vehicles: Driving range decides
- MOSTCO demos integration of MOST bus with Autosar
- Rare earth magnets still optimum choice, says motor design expert
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation