TechnologyMINI giving drivers a peek at 'augmented reality' April 20, 2015 Although most drivers have yet to embrace the idea of head-up displays (HUDs) on windshields, MINI is leapfrogging to the next phase of futuristic motoring, with its unveiling this week of augmented reality (AR) eyewear — powered by Qualcomm. Read more Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods April 17, 2015 Up to 90% of all innovations today are generated through novel applications of semiconductors and electronic circuits. In the project Resilient Integrated Systems (RESIST), ten partners jointly strengthen the role of nanoelectronic components as the key to future developments. The research focuses on ... Read more Rare earth magnets still optimum choice, says motor design expert April 16, 2015 Promoting a workshop to be held at the forthcoming CWIEME Berlin event, by Motorsolver president and IEEE life fellow Jim Hendershot, the organisers have released a preview of some of his findings regarding current industry practice in the selection of traction motors. Read more Is head-up display future ADAS screen? April 15, 2015 As advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) penetrate the automotive market, debate has focused on the best means to aggregate, present and display a variety of sensory data — for security and navigation — that will bombard the driver of the future. Read more Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution April 13, 2015 Four out of ten German enterprises in core industries are already using IoT applications and structures. This is the result of a study introduced by the German association for IT, telecommunications and new media, Bitkom, at the opportunity of the Hanover Fair. With a degree of 58 percent, the automotive ... Read more Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye April 02, 2015 Version 2.0 of Synopsys’ LucidShape lighting design package enables more accurate model creation and contains a diagnostic tool for evaluating how a lighting system will be perceived by the human eye. This is particularly important for evaluating automotive components such as turn signals and brake lights. ... Read more MOSTCO demos integration of MOST bus with Autosar April 01, 2015 Amidst the advance of Ethernet AVB in most domains of the car, the MOST infotainment bus is clearly in a defensive position. As a countermeasure the MOSTCO plans to introduce the integration of the MOST bus with the Autosar software environment at the upcoming MOST Forum industry meeting on April 21. ... Read more How will deep learning change SoCs? March 31, 2015 Deep Learning is already changing the way computers see, hear and identify objects in the real world. Read more Delphi selected to build Audi’s autopilot computer March 31, 2015 Automated driving is ante portas – but how will the computers look like that steer the vehicles through the evening rush hour and across the high-speed autobahn? Audi now introduced the electronic brain of future self-driving cars. Read more KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars March 31, 2015 Power steering, this ubiquitous feature that greatly facilitates parking our vehicles, obtains its power from the vehicle’s engine. But how about electric cars? In this case, power steering draws its power from the battery - and contributes to reduce the vehicle’s driving range. A joint research project ... Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Auto chip market: upheaval ahead
- Delphi selected to build Audi’s autopilot computer
- MOST – a gigabit data backbone for future car generations?
- Is head-up display future ADAS screen?
- Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye
- Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods
- How will deep learning change SoCs?
- Magneti Marelli revs up F1, motorcycle racing
- Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution
- Multi-function integrated FET switch replaces automotive relays
- The car's the star...
- Fraunhofer launches test centre for high-voltage batteries
- MINI giving drivers a peek at 'augmented reality'
- MOSTCO demos integration of MOST bus with Autosar
- Rare earth magnets still optimum choice, says motor design expert
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation