TechnologyAmazing race toward autonomous car design December 18, 2013 Chip companies are finding 2014 a critical year to drive their technology into semi-autonomous car platforms - currently in development by a number of different carmakers. Read more Continental to showcase first concepts jointly developed with IBM December 16, 2013 At the forthcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, automotive tier one Continental plans to demonstrate the first results of its strategic collaboration with IBM. Examples are a 'connected electronic horizon' for the vehicles as well as natural voice processing. Read more Ford rolls research platform for automated driving December 16, 2013 In collaboration with the University of Michigan and insurance company State Farm, carmaker Ford has developed a research vehicle capable of highly automated driving. The move is in line with Ford's 'Blueprint for Mobility' project that provides for series vehicles with autonomous functions by 2025. ... Read more Workflow enables fast, cost-effective simulation of electric drives December 12, 2013 In response to the rising demand of the automotive industry for electric powertrains, the FZI research centre in Karlsruhe (Germany) has launched the SimCelerate research project to develop methodologies for the real-time simulation of electric motors. The workflow developed by the institute significantly ... Read more Bosch suggests cars to coast for better fuel efficiency December 11, 2013 With a package of relatively simple but coordinated measures, cars can raise their fuel efficiency. Automotive supplier Bosch claims that the technique can be applied to almost any vehicle design; even existing ones can be modified without much effort. Read more Volvo starts large test with robot cars on public roads December 04, 2013 Hundred autonomous vehicles will populate Gotenburg's streets in the near future. In a project with several partners, the carmaker intends to pinpoint the societal benefits of autonomous driving under every day conditions. The project is also designed to highlight Sweden and Volvo as mobility technology ... Read more Researchers significantly improve lithium-air batteries December 03, 2013 Lithium-air batteries have the potential to store ten times more energy than today's lithium-ion batteries. For this reason, they are regarded as their promising successors. In particular the automotive industry is interested in these "super batteries". However, the lithium-air technology is still in ... Read more Field test fathoms out economic potential for electric mobility November 28, 2013 In order to evaluate the economic efficiency of electric vehicles, the Munich Technical University (TUM) is setting up the “Virtual Electromobility among taxis and commercial vehicles in Munich” (VEM) field trial. Smartphone apps acquire mobility data which will be used to determine, if a given mobility ... Read more Linking in-vehicle infotainment and phones at RTOS level November 28, 2013 Abalta Technologies is adding its WEBLINK product to Green Hills Software’s INTEGRITY-based In-Vehicle Infotainment Platform; the integration is intended to deliver a seamless, secure connected-car experience to sync with any smartphone Read more Emergency Steer Assistant can avoid collisions November 27, 2013 If in road traffic suddenly an obstacle appears in front of the vehicle, drivers have to react within fractions of a second. In many cases, the natural response time of human drivers is too long and a collision renders unavoidable. The European interactiVe project (Accidence avoidance by active intervention ... Read more
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- MOST – a gigabit data backbone for future car generations?
- Delphi selected to build Audi’s autopilot computer
- Is head-up display future ADAS screen?
- Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye
- Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods
- How will deep learning change SoCs?
- Multi-function integrated FET switch replaces automotive relays
- Magneti Marelli revs up F1, motorcycle racing
- Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution
- MINI giving drivers a peek at 'augmented reality'
- The car's the star...
- Electric vehicles: Driving range decides
- MOSTCO demos integration of MOST bus with Autosar
- Rare earth magnets still optimum choice, says motor design expert
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation