AVX extends SMD tantalum capacitor range for longer operational life devices
Tantalum capacitors are the preferred solution for devices with a long operational life, because of their stable parameters, resistance to harsh environments and excellent reliability. AVX's TRM and TRJ Professional series offer enhanced electrical performance and class-leading reliability – more than double that of standard SMD tantalum capacitors.
Professional series TRM and TRJ tantalum capacitors feature low and ultra-low ESR and reduce DCL by 25%. Its robust design is capable of withstanding high thermo-mechanical stresses and operating in harsh environments. Once incorporated into devices, they boast high reliability levels, with failure rates of better than 0.5%/1000 hours at 85ºC and full rated voltage.
Technical specifications for the TRJ Professional include: voltage range of 6.3V to 50V, with DCL leakage of 0.0075CV. TRJ Professional capacitors are twice as reliable as commercial grade tantalum capacitor products, with mean time between failures (MTBF) of 200,000 hours. They are designed and tested to withstand high current surges and are qualified to AECQ-200 automotive requirements.
The TRM Professional is a multianode type tantalum capacitor with a voltage range of 6.3V – 50V. Devices offer very low ESR and DCL leakage of 0.0075CV. Reliability is double that of the standard TPM multianode product range at 0.5%/1khrs and MTBF is 200,000 hours. AQL level is 0.10% for the TRM Professional against 0.25% for standard product. TRM Professional multianode tantalum capacitors are qualified to AECQ-200.
For more information visit www.avx.com
- Varistors address wide range of automotive and industrial applications
- AEC-Q200-qualified RF chip capacitor is aimed at automotive applications
- High permissive current capacitor series targets automotive applications
- Double-layer capacitor powers start-stop system
- Multilayer ceramic capacitor technology offers protection against surface arcing
- SMT capacitor with automotive qualification
- RFID SMT antenna with comprehensive protection for automotive applications
- Capacitor technology focuses on high voltage commercial and automotive applications
- Chip monolithic ceramic capacitors target automotive markets
- Film capacitors: Wide range with low insertion height
- In Formula One, Freescale is in the pole position
- Volvo evaluates flywheel hybrid drive - fuel savings of up to 25%
- Bosch tests automatic driving on the Autobahn
- Bosch highlights radar technology for safety-relevant driver assistant systems
- Toyota utilizes SPARK Pro programming language in ultra-low-defect software
- Bosch stresses high costs for lower fuel consumption
- TRW succeeds with electrical power steering system in China market
- Universal charger connects plug-in hybrids globally to the grid - as long as it is a Porsche
- Students build electric racing car
- Autoliv provides the "eyes" for driver assistance systems
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- AV architecture on ARM Cortex SOCs
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms
- What's New In Power Management Electronics
- Communications between a plug-in EV and the EV supply equipment
- TTEthernet Scalable Real-Time Ethernet Platform