AVX extends SMD tantalum capacitor range for longer operational life devices
Tantalum capacitors are the preferred solution for devices with a long operational life, because of their stable parameters, resistance to harsh environments and excellent reliability. AVX's TRM and TRJ Professional series offer enhanced electrical performance and class-leading reliability – more than double that of standard SMD tantalum capacitors.
Professional series TRM and TRJ tantalum capacitors feature low and ultra-low ESR and reduce DCL by 25%. Its robust design is capable of withstanding high thermo-mechanical stresses and operating in harsh environments. Once incorporated into devices, they boast high reliability levels, with failure rates of better than 0.5%/1000 hours at 85ºC and full rated voltage.
Technical specifications for the TRJ Professional include: voltage range of 6.3V to 50V, with DCL leakage of 0.0075CV. TRJ Professional capacitors are twice as reliable as commercial grade tantalum capacitor products, with mean time between failures (MTBF) of 200,000 hours. They are designed and tested to withstand high current surges and are qualified to AECQ-200 automotive requirements.
The TRM Professional is a multianode type tantalum capacitor with a voltage range of 6.3V – 50V. Devices offer very low ESR and DCL leakage of 0.0075CV. Reliability is double that of the standard TPM multianode product range at 0.5%/1khrs and MTBF is 200,000 hours. AQL level is 0.10% for the TRM Professional against 0.25% for standard product. TRM Professional multianode tantalum capacitors are qualified to AECQ-200.
For more information visit www.avx.com
- Hi-voltage MLCC targets automotive environments
- Panasonic adds electrolytic chip capacitors to European distribution channels
- SMD power inductor series is automotive qualified
- Automotive varistors feature extended temperature range
- New material paves way for high temperature capacitors in cars
- Glass-encapsulated varistors provide advanced circuit protection in harsh applications
- High-temperature capacitor shrunk to 0402 case size
- 2.0x1.25mm 4.7µF monolithic ceramic capacitors operate at up to 125°C
- Rugged aluminum electrolytic capacitors for automotive applications
- Varistors address wide range of automotive and industrial applications
- AEC-Q200-qualified RF chip capacitor is aimed at automotive applications
- High permissive current capacitor series targets automotive applications
- Double-layer capacitor powers start-stop system
- Multilayer ceramic capacitor technology offers protection against surface arcing
- SMT capacitor with automotive qualification
- Apple, Tesla, the perfect couple?
- Flow cell challenges litihium ion
- Volvo builds HMI around large centre-stack touch screen
- Bosch returns to traction battery business with new JV
- Daimler S-class comes with MOST150
- Green light for European C2X standard
- Why Japan leads in electromobility - and why this could change soon
- Tesla reveals USD5bn lithium-ion battery 'Gigafactory' manufacturing plans
- One hardware, multiple domains: virtualising is the answer
- What EV charging technologies to watch for in 2014
- Ford demos automated driving at Mobile World Congress
- Renault switches gears to 'hyperconnected'
- Valeo utilizes LeddarTech sensing technology for next-gen ADAS
- Wireless charging standards to be consolidated
- Strong growth ahead for automotive image sensors
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms