Axeon raises new investment for growth and development
The new funding will be deployed in the following key areas:
Expansion of the electric vehicle (EV) technology development centres in Europe;
Early-stage planning of production capacity in North America;
Growth of the existing power tool and mobile product business.
“Axeon has a growing order book for the design and assembly of automotive lithium ion batteries, as well as growing demand for applications in hand tool and mobile systems. This investment will be used to expand our resources to meet the requirements our customers are placing upon us, ” explained Lawrence Berns, Axeon’s CEO.
“A further benefit of this new funding will be the impetus it will bring to our new business plans. It will enable us to compete more effectively, particularly in the USA, where it is increasingly important to have US-based production to convince potential customers of our long term commitment to that market”.
Axeon is one of the consortium automotive partners supporting a research project called REEVolution that aims to expand and enhance technology for range extended electric vehicles (REEV) in the premium sector. The consortium, which also includes Jaguar Land Rover, Lotus Engineering, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd, THINK, EVO Electric and Xtrac, is contributing between them a total of £11million to the programme.
The UK’s Technology Strategy Board alongside the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles (OLEV) announced today funding for the next stage of its Integrated Delivery Programme (IDP) Competition for Low Carbon Vehicles which will see the consortium of automotive partners being awarded £9.5million to help fund the project.
The consortium companies will collaborate over the next two years to develop advanced electric powertrains and a greater understanding of the commercial requirements needed for high performance electric and range extended electric vehicles. The work will accelerate the development of new technologies and key commodities whilst laying the foundations for a globally competitive supply base.
Visit Axeon at www.axeon.com
- England unveils incentives to switch to electric cars
- Nissan pumps GBP26.5m into advanced lithium-ion battery plant in UK
- BMW launches energy storage company
- Faraday Future unveils electric super-racer
- Ford electrifies development of new models
- Used car batteries stabilise renewable energy microgrids
- ABB, Microsoft form electric vehicle charging alliance
- Queensland University warns of security flaws in connected vehicles
- Bosch drives development of both batteries and fuel cells
- Porsche reveals prototype battery-driven sports car
- Apple iCar: Do iCare?
- Green mobility, automation drive power electronics market
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- On the search for more power efficiency in electric powertrains
- Reinvented Li-ion cell costs 50% less to produce
- Bosch's business fires on – almost - all cylinders
- NXP Outlines Autonomous Vehicle Advances
- High-temperature electronics operate at 300°C
- ST shifts focus to automotive, IoT
- BMW launches energy storage company
- Does your car need to know everything about you?
- New hydrogen technology could trigger fuel cell breakthrough
- Innovative powertrain reduces fuel consumption significantly
- BMW brings laser light to mass market in 7 series
- Biometrics on the steering wheel: the ultimate life tracker
- Safety-related flaws at inacceptable level, study concludes
- New BMW flagship model: A mini step closer to automated driving
- Bosch tests automated driving in Japan
- Renesas meets automotive image processing challenges
- Italian startup wants to speed up transition to EVs
- Automotive Circuit Protection using Littelfuse Automotive TVS Diodes
- A Smart Way to Drive ECU Consolidation
- Autonomous Driving: An Eye on the Road Ahead
- Automotive Designs Demand Low EMI Synchronous Buck Converters
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing