Axeon raises new investment for growth and development
The new funding will be deployed in the following key areas:
Expansion of the electric vehicle (EV) technology development centres in Europe;
Early-stage planning of production capacity in North America;
Growth of the existing power tool and mobile product business.
“Axeon has a growing order book for the design and assembly of automotive lithium ion batteries, as well as growing demand for applications in hand tool and mobile systems. This investment will be used to expand our resources to meet the requirements our customers are placing upon us, ” explained Lawrence Berns, Axeon’s CEO.
“A further benefit of this new funding will be the impetus it will bring to our new business plans. It will enable us to compete more effectively, particularly in the USA, where it is increasingly important to have US-based production to convince potential customers of our long term commitment to that market”.
Axeon is one of the consortium automotive partners supporting a research project called REEVolution that aims to expand and enhance technology for range extended electric vehicles (REEV) in the premium sector. The consortium, which also includes Jaguar Land Rover, Lotus Engineering, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd, THINK, EVO Electric and Xtrac, is contributing between them a total of £11million to the programme.
The UK’s Technology Strategy Board alongside the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles (OLEV) announced today funding for the next stage of its Integrated Delivery Programme (IDP) Competition for Low Carbon Vehicles which will see the consortium of automotive partners being awarded £9.5million to help fund the project.
The consortium companies will collaborate over the next two years to develop advanced electric powertrains and a greater understanding of the commercial requirements needed for high performance electric and range extended electric vehicles. The work will accelerate the development of new technologies and key commodities whilst laying the foundations for a globally competitive supply base.
Visit Axeon at www.axeon.com
- Green mobility, automation drive power electronics market
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- On the search for more power efficiency in electric powertrains
- Reinvented Li-ion cell costs 50% less to produce
- Electrolyte additives prevent fires in next-generation lithium batteries
- Nevada 'Electric Highway' to let EVs cross state
- Continental demos new generation of e-powertrains
- NiZn battery is validated for 12-V automotive use
- Exploding lithium-ion batteries: a real-time analysis
- Rare earth magnets still optimum choice, says motor design expert
- LG Chem clinches lithium-ion battery contract for the e-Smart
- Infineon, GE invest in deterministic networking technology
- Industrial production of li-ion cells in Germany comes closer
- DC switching relays designed for powertrains now in distribution
- Supercapbatteries, thermoelectrics to power future cars
- Continental abolishes rear view mirrors
- Automotive King Redefines Future
- Fuel cell technology approaches in the passing lane
- Automotive software design: The multiprocessing challenge
- Millimeter waves hitch a ride
- Do head-up displays lead the wrong way to safety?
- Ultrasound sensor protects pedestrians
- A different kind of SUV: High agility, zero local emissions
- Opinion: Of hackers and showmasters
- Audi robot racecar, faster than human drivers
- Research project combines valet parking, battery charging
- Audi adds Renesas to its Progressive Semiconductor Program
- ZF sets course to driver assistance
- All-programmable multiprocessor SoC targets ADAS, IoT and 5G systems
- Autoliv acquires active safety capabilities
- Automotive Circuit Protection using Littelfuse Automotive TVS Diodes
- A Smart Way to Drive ECU Consolidation
- Autonomous Driving: An Eye on the Road Ahead
- Automotive Designs Demand Low EMI Synchronous Buck Converters
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing