Axeon raises new investment for growth and development
The new funding will be deployed in the following key areas:
Expansion of the electric vehicle (EV) technology development centres in Europe;
Early-stage planning of production capacity in North America;
Growth of the existing power tool and mobile product business.
“Axeon has a growing order book for the design and assembly of automotive lithium ion batteries, as well as growing demand for applications in hand tool and mobile systems. This investment will be used to expand our resources to meet the requirements our customers are placing upon us, ” explained Lawrence Berns, Axeon’s CEO.
“A further benefit of this new funding will be the impetus it will bring to our new business plans. It will enable us to compete more effectively, particularly in the USA, where it is increasingly important to have US-based production to convince potential customers of our long term commitment to that market”.
Axeon is one of the consortium automotive partners supporting a research project called REEVolution that aims to expand and enhance technology for range extended electric vehicles (REEV) in the premium sector. The consortium, which also includes Jaguar Land Rover, Lotus Engineering, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd, THINK, EVO Electric and Xtrac, is contributing between them a total of £11million to the programme.
The UK’s Technology Strategy Board alongside the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles (OLEV) announced today funding for the next stage of its Integrated Delivery Programme (IDP) Competition for Low Carbon Vehicles which will see the consortium of automotive partners being awarded £9.5million to help fund the project.
The consortium companies will collaborate over the next two years to develop advanced electric powertrains and a greater understanding of the commercial requirements needed for high performance electric and range extended electric vehicles. The work will accelerate the development of new technologies and key commodities whilst laying the foundations for a globally competitive supply base.
Visit Axeon at www.axeon.com
- Daimler invests € 100 million in battery expansion
- BMW, Tesla in talks about car battery alliance
- Automotive-qual’d SiC diodes also suit smaller inverter designs
- Virtual car key, Lidar sensors and more: Valeo flexes its muscles
- Supercapacitor innovation promises panel-powered cars
- Software predicts EV driving range based on multiple parameters
- Breakthrough for traction batteries? Ultra-fast battery charges in 2 minutes
- Research platform refines EV battery production processes
- Tire sensor for industrial trucks solves a burning problem
- Lithium-ion charger dedicated to preserving eCall batteries in vehicles
- Battery-pack controller manages 14-cell lithium ion sources to ASIL-C
- Automotive sensor interface helps BMW manage battery performance
- LTE data communication module targets automotive applications
- 1A, 1.5 MHz, 65V boost/inverter DC/DC converter
- Is rapid charging batteries really so damaging?
- LA Auto Show: Hydrogen fuel cell drive is back
- Industry embraces 48V supply in the aim of bringing down emissions
- Advanced lead-carbon batteries could enable 48V super hybrid vehicles
- How Audi hopes to keep Google at bay
- Volvo airs cloud-based cyclist protection system
- Advanced wheel hub drive passes extensive driving tests
- Autonomous driving creates billion-dollar market
- Software-Defined Car, IoT and Virtual Car Keys: The top ten stories in 2014
- BMW develops data goggles for drivers
- BMW shows automated valet parking with GPS-less navigation
- Hall-effect sensors measure angles in rotating systems
- Automotive industry drives chip demand
- Smart PCBs for smaller ECUs: Infineon invests in PCB manufacturer
- Korea, France join forces on driverless cars R&D
- Project simplifies multicore software development
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform