Axeon raises new investment for growth and development
The new funding will be deployed in the following key areas:
Expansion of the electric vehicle (EV) technology development centres in Europe;
Early-stage planning of production capacity in North America;
Growth of the existing power tool and mobile product business.
“Axeon has a growing order book for the design and assembly of automotive lithium ion batteries, as well as growing demand for applications in hand tool and mobile systems. This investment will be used to expand our resources to meet the requirements our customers are placing upon us, ” explained Lawrence Berns, Axeon’s CEO.
“A further benefit of this new funding will be the impetus it will bring to our new business plans. It will enable us to compete more effectively, particularly in the USA, where it is increasingly important to have US-based production to convince potential customers of our long term commitment to that market”.
Axeon is one of the consortium automotive partners supporting a research project called REEVolution that aims to expand and enhance technology for range extended electric vehicles (REEV) in the premium sector. The consortium, which also includes Jaguar Land Rover, Lotus Engineering, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd, THINK, EVO Electric and Xtrac, is contributing between them a total of £11million to the programme.
The UK’s Technology Strategy Board alongside the Department for Business Innovation and Skills (BIS) and the Office for Low Emissions Vehicles (OLEV) announced today funding for the next stage of its Integrated Delivery Programme (IDP) Competition for Low Carbon Vehicles which will see the consortium of automotive partners being awarded £9.5million to help fund the project.
The consortium companies will collaborate over the next two years to develop advanced electric powertrains and a greater understanding of the commercial requirements needed for high performance electric and range extended electric vehicles. The work will accelerate the development of new technologies and key commodities whilst laying the foundations for a globally competitive supply base.
Visit Axeon at www.axeon.com
- Are next generation EV batteries a step closer?
- General Motors targets Tesla with EV launches
- Specialist relay carries heavy surge currents for EV/HEV pre-charge function
- Daimler invests € 100 million in battery expansion
- BMW, Tesla in talks about car battery alliance
- Automotive-qual’d SiC diodes also suit smaller inverter designs
- Virtual car key, Lidar sensors and more: Valeo flexes its muscles
- Supercapacitor innovation promises panel-powered cars
- Software predicts EV driving range based on multiple parameters
- Breakthrough for traction batteries? Ultra-fast battery charges in 2 minutes
- Research platform refines EV battery production processes
- Tire sensor for industrial trucks solves a burning problem
- Lithium-ion charger dedicated to preserving eCall batteries in vehicles
- Battery-pack controller manages 14-cell lithium ion sources to ASIL-C
- Automotive sensor interface helps BMW manage battery performance
- Infineon takes the lead in auto semiconductors
- Google opens the hood of its self-driving car … a little bit
- Piloted driving takes centre stage at Audi's CES presentation
- Ford highlights smart mobility, new infotainment generation
- Study: Asia leads automotive innovation
- The Key to a 'Cool Car' Is a Cool Key – NXP
- CAN FD protocol revision in detail
- Toyota boosts electric driving: 5.600 fuel cell patents open for free usage
- TRW kicks the pedal for automated driving, reshapes its electronics business
- Driver assistance becomes predictive
- Cortex-M7 MCUs are structured for real-time tasks
- BMW spotlights advanced lighting technologies in M4 model
- Mercedes-Benz self driving car communicates via LEDs
- Fuel cells in trucks: silent power instead of idling motors
- Finnish-Italian collaboration targets simple, secure automotive platform
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform