Buck-boost DC/DC uModule regulator delivers precision regulation in demanding environments
The LTM4609MP is designed to deliver precision regulation in demanding environments in applications such as military, avionics, heavy industrial machinery, and harsh environment sensors. These uModule devices are backed by Linear Technology's rigorous reliability and quality test standards.
The LTM4609MP is a high voltage and high efficiency DC/DC system in a surface mount 15 mm x 15 mm x 2.8 mm LGA package. The device regulates an output voltage from a variable input voltage greater than, less than or equal to the output voltage.
The LTM4609MP operates from 4.5 VIN to 36 VIN, regulates an output voltage from 0.8 V to 34 V and can deliver an output power up to 100 W. Included in the uModule regulator is a synchronous buck-boost DC/DC controller, four N-channel MOSFETs, input and output bypass capacitors and compensation circuitry in a small plastic molded package. Only an inductor, feedback and sense resistors, and bulk capacitors are required to implement a low profile, compact and high efficiency design. Application examples are point-of-load and intermediate-bus regulation in networking, industrial and automotive systems and high-power battery-operated devices.
With the LTM4609MP's onboard proprietary 4-switch synchronous MOSFET design, the device achieves up to 98.3% efficiency in boost mode and up to 97.3% efficiency in buck mode (condition: VIN: 6.5 V to 36 V, VOUT: 30 V, IOUT: 2 A).
Pricing for 1,000-piece quantities starts at 37.20 US Dollars each.
More information about the LTM4609MP buck-boost DC/DC uModule at
Visit Linear Technology at www.linear.com
- 4 Mbps CAN transceiver with ±60V fault protection
- 4-channel data acquisition IC targets vehicle radar systems
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation Reduces Automotive LED Driver EMI
- 45W/channel audio PA for in-car systems with ‘light’ hybrid electrics
- Configurable buck DC/DCs deliver 8 A from 2 to 4 independent outputs
- 150°C, 45V LDO has 3 µA quiescent current for automotive, industrial designs
- Synchronous buck-boost controller regulates up to 250W
- Toyota adopts LEDs for adaptive high beam technology
- Supercapacitor innovation promises panel-powered cars
- Synchronous step-down DC/DC offers 93% efficiency at automotive voltages
- 40V, 400mA output, step-down regulator has dual tracking LDOs
- Breakthrough for traction batteries? Ultra-fast battery charges in 2 minutes
- Research platform refines EV battery production processes
- 36V monolithic 1A push-pull DC/DC transformer driver
- 1A, 1.5 MHz, 65V boost/inverter DC/DC converter
- Is this the Tesla killer?
- Self-driving cars in real-world traffic with real customers
- Flow cell powertrain stuns with extreme data
- Audi launches lighting lab
- Supercapbatteries, thermoelectrics to power future cars
- Fuel cells in trucks: silent power instead of idling motors
- Rear axle becomes steerable… by wire
- Ballard IP to boost Audi’s fuel cell developments
- Infineon, Hella make radar sensor more affordable
- Porsche rainmaker advocates platooning
- Volvo cars share road-condition info in the cloud
- Scalable electric powertrain targets utility vehicles
- Xilinx flexes its muscles in the ADAS arena
- OLED exterior lighting soon in series vehicles, Osram says
- Driver chip reduces LED taillight complexity
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking