Compact, automotive-qualified 600-V gate drive IC simplifies and shrinks designs
The AUIRS2332J, high-voltage, high speed power MOSFET and IGBT driver features three independent high- and low-side referenced output channels. Proprietary HVIC technology enables ruggedized monolithic construction with logic inputs compatible with CMOS or LSTTL outputs, down to 3.3 V logic.
The new device also offers an integrated ground-referenced operational amplifier to provide analog feedback of the bridge current via an external current sense resistor, current trip function, and open drain FAULT signal to indicate over-current or under-voltage shutdown. The IC is housed in a PLCC44 package, providing higher creepage distances between high voltage pins, simplifying PCB layout.
The AUIRS2332J is fully characterized for negative transients on the switching node that may occur during normal operation and protection mode for increased system robustness. The device’s output drivers feature a high pulse current buffer stage designed for minimum driver cross-conduction. Propagation delays are matched to simplify use at high frequencies. The floating channel can be used to drive N-channel power MOSFET or IGBT in the high-side configuration.
IR's automotive grade IC products are subject to dynamic and static part average testing combined with 100 percent automated wafer level visual inspection as part of IR’s automotive quality initiative targeting zero defects. The devices are qualified according to AEC-Q100 standards, feature an environmentally friendly, lead-free and RoHS compliant bill of materials.
Availability and Pricing
Pricing for AUIRS2332J begins at $3.34 each in quantities of 10,000-units. Production quantities are available immediately. The devices are lead free and RoHS compliant.
More information about the AUIRS2332J gate driver IC at
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Driver chip reduces LED taillight complexity
- Multi-sensor application dev tool helps driver assistance systems
- DC switching relays designed for powertrains now in distribution
- Silicon-Carbide MOSFET range extended at 1200V ratings
- Automotive photovoltaic MOSFET driver is a first, rated for “under the hood” service
- Spread Spectrum Frequency Modulation Reduces Automotive LED Driver EMI
- 45W/channel audio PA for in-car systems with ‘light’ hybrid electrics
- MOSFET H-bridge reduces footprint by 50%
- Driver assistance becomes predictive
- Are next generation EV batteries a step closer?
- General Motors targets Tesla with EV launches
- Configurable buck DC/DCs deliver 8 A from 2 to 4 independent outputs
- Specialist relay carries heavy surge currents for EV/HEV pre-charge function
- Triple LED controller for rear lamps
- Is this the Tesla killer?
- Self-driving cars in real-world traffic with real customers
- Flow cell powertrain stuns with extreme data
- Audi launches lighting lab
- Porsche rainmaker advocates platooning
- Rear axle becomes steerable… by wire
- Xilinx flexes its muscles in the ADAS arena
- Volvo cars share road-condition info in the cloud
- Infineon, Hella make radar sensor more affordable
- Ballard IP to boost Audi’s fuel cell developments
- Infineon: CAN FD success goes at the expense of FlexRay
- NXP, Freescale plan mega merger
- Four-channel video encoder addresses parking assist systems
- Scalable electric powertrain targets utility vehicles
- OLED exterior lighting soon in series vehicles, Osram says
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking