Safety & Security
Demonstrate ISO 26262 conformance
Q. For background, what is your role at MathWorks regarding ISO 26262?
A. As Automotive Marketing Manager for Europe, I lead the effort to foster the adoption of MathWorks products for technical computing and Model-Based Design in the European automotive industry. In this role, I have a strong focus on the messaging around industry relevant standards such as AUTOSAR and ISO 26262.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software. MATLAB is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multi-domain dynamic and embedded systems. Engineers and scientists worldwide use these product families to accelerate innovation and development in automotive and other industries.
So what does ISO mean for the automotive engineers tasked with developing high-integrity embedded systems that must comply with the standard? Could you please talk about some of the key challenges and topics related to ISO 26262?
Developing high-integrity applications in general are governed by industry standards and guidelines such as ISO 26262. This means that additional requirements on the development process need to be fulfilled. Next to extensive and systematic verification, validation and test, with the appropriate documentation of each process step, the engineers need to demonstrate overall conformance by creating a document that describes how each step in their respective development life cycle fulfills requirements defined by the standard.
To read the whole article click here.
Article courtesy of Automotive DesignLine.
- No news
- Jaguar docks on to Intel for next-gen infotainment systems
- Interface integrates e-vehicles into smart grid
- Kvaser proposes backward-compatible, high-bandwidth CAN version
- Smart cars offer "once in a generation chance" to UK industry, experts say
- Get your digital copy of EETimes Europe
- Women demand different connectivity functions in the car
- EV market is much more than passenger cars - and it's booming
- Emergency Steer Assistant can avoid collisions
- Faurecia, Magneti Marelli jointly integrate tablets and smartphones into cars
- MOST 150 Star topology interconnects driver assistant systems
- Field test fathoms out economic potential for electric mobility
- Researchers significantly improve lithium-air batteries
- Automotive drives new processor architectures
- Volvo starts large test with robot cars on public roads
- Haptic feedback touchpad contributes to driving safety