Evida opens UK headquarters
Evida selected the state-of-the-art facility in Coventry (West Midlands) as it is located in a region rich with automotive and engineering resources, providing access to expertise in the general automotive and electric vehicle sectors. The centre will house Evida's engineering and development, sales and marketing, and administrative functions.
The new headquarters are home to the principal office of Evida's senior management, which includes the newly-hired Chief Operating Officer, Trevor Power, whose automotive and EV experience includes several years as a Director of London Taxis International (LTI) and serving as a founding Director of Modec, the commercial EV manufacturer. Trevor will work alongside Asher Bennett, Evida's CEO and Co-founder, who successfully secured significant venture capital backing for Evida, despite a persistently challenging economic climate.
Evida's TechnoCentre-based team is estimated to grow to at least 20 EV professionals by 2012, resulting, in part, from a $250 million exclusive agreement to supply the Franco-German electric vehicle maker, Mia Electric, with 8kWh battery packs for its three new EV models. The relationship with Mia and execution of the contract will be managed from the UK whilst the battery packs will be manufactured at Evida's pack assembly facility in China.
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- DC switching relays designed for powertrains now in distribution
- Silicon-Carbide MOSFET range extended at 1200V ratings
- 45W/channel audio PA for in-car systems with ‘light’ hybrid electrics
- Are next generation EV batteries a step closer?
- General Motors targets Tesla with EV launches
- Configurable buck DC/DCs deliver 8 A from 2 to 4 independent outputs
- Specialist relay carries heavy surge currents for EV/HEV pre-charge function
- UMC to manufacture automotive power devices for Infineon
- Industry embraces 48V supply in the aim of bringing down emissions
- BMW, Tesla in talks about car battery alliance
- Isabellenhütte diversifies channels, clientele
- Automotive-qual’d SiC diodes also suit smaller inverter designs
- Virtual car key, Lidar sensors and more: Valeo flexes its muscles
- Supercapacitor innovation promises panel-powered cars
- Is this the Tesla killer?
- Self-driving cars in real-world traffic with real customers
- Flow cell powertrain stuns with extreme data
- Audi launches lighting lab
- Porsche rainmaker advocates platooning
- Rear axle becomes steerable… by wire
- NXP, Freescale plan mega merger
- Xilinx flexes its muscles in the ADAS arena
- Volvo cars share road-condition info in the cloud
- Infineon, Hella make radar sensor more affordable
- Ballard IP to boost Audi’s fuel cell developments
- Freescale unveils vision SoC for accident-free cars
- Infineon: CAN FD success goes at the expense of FlexRay
- Four-channel video encoder addresses parking assist systems
- Opinion: What the NXP/Freescale takeover means for automotive electronics
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking