Evida opens UK headquarters
Evida selected the state-of-the-art facility in Coventry (West Midlands) as it is located in a region rich with automotive and engineering resources, providing access to expertise in the general automotive and electric vehicle sectors. The centre will house Evida's engineering and development, sales and marketing, and administrative functions.
The new headquarters are home to the principal office of Evida's senior management, which includes the newly-hired Chief Operating Officer, Trevor Power, whose automotive and EV experience includes several years as a Director of London Taxis International (LTI) and serving as a founding Director of Modec, the commercial EV manufacturer. Trevor will work alongside Asher Bennett, Evida's CEO and Co-founder, who successfully secured significant venture capital backing for Evida, despite a persistently challenging economic climate.
Evida's TechnoCentre-based team is estimated to grow to at least 20 EV professionals by 2012, resulting, in part, from a $250 million exclusive agreement to supply the Franco-German electric vehicle maker, Mia Electric, with 8kWh battery packs for its three new EV models. The relationship with Mia and execution of the contract will be managed from the UK whilst the battery packs will be manufactured at Evida's pack assembly facility in China.
- Apple iCar: Do iCare?
- Green mobility, automation drive power electronics market
- Infineon MOSFETs deliver highest energy efficiency in minimum packaging
- Automotive high-side drivers rated for use in stop-start vehicles
- Electric double-decker buses lead London's zero emission drive
- On the search for more power efficiency in electric powertrains
- Power module serves drivetrain applications
- Hi-rel versions of Freescale Power-architecture, high-end MPUs – from e2v
- Nevada 'Electric Highway' to let EVs cross state
- Continental demos new generation of e-powertrains
- NiZn battery is validated for 12-V automotive use
- GaN power transistor is offered as industry's smallest
- ST takes automotive-grade thyristors to 1200V rating
- Automotive 2A, 70V SEPIC/Boost/ Converter has 9 µA quiescent current
- Next-gen IGBTs slash switching losses in industrial, automotive apps
- Automotive electronics complexity at tipping point, study warns
- Apple iCar: Do iCare?
- Fraunhofer rolls security platform for cars
- NXP rolls Ethernet product family for next-gen data-rich cars
- Broadcom Tackles 5 Questions on Ethernet in Cars
- Apple self-driving car is a reality, claims report
- How the HERE takeover impacts the digital map market
- Cars learn to deal with each other automatically
- Electric car maker Tesla reveals snakebot charger
- Shock absorber harvests energy from car's suspension
- Airbus D&S and Lime Microsystems plan “Robust” Galileo GNSS receiver
- Racing car technology reaches road freight vehicles
- Rohde & Schwarz to highlight automotive radar at EuMW
- Energy storage unit combines truck battery, ultracaps
- BMS optimised for high power density, low price
- Automotive Circuit Protection using Littelfuse Automotive TVS Diodes
- A Smart Way to Drive ECU Consolidation
- Autonomous Driving: An Eye on the Road Ahead
- Automotive Designs Demand Low EMI Synchronous Buck Converters
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing