Green Hills Software develops toolset for Renesas RH850 MCU
Today's automotive MCU developers are increasingly looking to satisfy functional safety requirements from ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) A to ASIL D together with lower power consumption requirements in a high-performance package. Renesas' RH850 family will include multiple application-tailored product series including advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), supported by Green Hills Software's optimizing tool chain and debugger, allowing customers to select the product that matches their specific requirements. The RH850 family will extend from single core to multicore with dual core lockstep allowing for flexible functional safety capabilities. Developers require a correspondingly reliable and
The longtime collaboration between Renesas and Green Hills Software has produced popular optimizing compilers that offer tailored optimization for the RH850 family of MCUs. The Green Hills Software tools employ thousands of processor-independent and processor-dependent optimizations, including advanced techniques such as an advance dual-issue pipeline scheduler, inter-procedural optimizations, link-time automatic addressing mode optimization and code factoring. The result is technology that generates the fastest and smallest code for the RH850 family.
The MULTI integrated development environment (IDE) leverages 30 years of embedded software development expertise to provide developers an integrated package of tools they need to create reliable software efficiently.
The MULTI IDE for Renesas' RH850 family offers integrated development, debug and programming tools, including AUTOSAR operating system awareness, which gives the user visibility into objects and tasks and system state; single core and multicore build and debugging for bare-board (no OS) applications; flash programming for on-chip flash; new multicore instruction set simulator (ISS) with support for Renesas' RH850's hyper-threading capabilities; performance profiler; project builder; code coverage; run-time error checking; MISRA C adherence wizard; DoubleCheck integrated static code analyzer; and Green Hills target debug agents for Renesas' on-chip debugging and in-circuit emulators.
For more information visit www.ghs.com.
- MCU documentation package from ST facilitates ISO 26262 certification
- Automotive HMI design suite shapes digital instrument clusters
- GHS extends tool chain & RTOs to Freescale's S32V200 Vision Processor
- Audi adds Renesas to its Progressive Semiconductor Program
- Static code analysis for Renesas RX MCUs, in IAR toolset
- Secure automotive consolidation platform runs on i.MX6 architecture
- Synopsys IP speeds automotive SoC development
- OTA platform keeps automotive software current
- VectorCast gets integrated with Trace32 development tools
- Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye
- Motor pre-driver chip meets ASIL-D
- Auto chip market: upheaval ahead
- Bosch seeks to hire thousands of engineers
- Data acquisition software offers sophisticated post processing
- Analysis tool stops software "erosion"
- Apple iCar: Do iCare?
- Broadcom Tackles 5 Questions on Ethernet in Cars
- NXP rolls Ethernet product family for next-gen data-rich cars
- Apple self-driving car is a reality, claims report
- Cars learn to deal with each other automatically
- These five trends drive automotive innovation
- Self-sweeping lasers could make LIDAR systems cheaper
- Electric car maker Tesla reveals snakebot charger
- Racing car technology reaches road freight vehicles
- Airbus D&S and Lime Microsystems plan “Robust” Galileo GNSS receiver
- Rohde & Schwarz to highlight automotive radar at EuMW
- Domain controller concept gains traction
- Energy storage unit combines truck battery, ultracaps
- BMS optimised for high power density, low price
- Here strives to establish uniform auto sensor data format
- Automotive Circuit Protection using Littelfuse Automotive TVS Diodes
- A Smart Way to Drive ECU Consolidation
- Autonomous Driving: An Eye on the Road Ahead
- Automotive Designs Demand Low EMI Synchronous Buck Converters
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing