Green Hills Software develops toolset for Renesas RH850 MCU
Today's automotive MCU developers are increasingly looking to satisfy functional safety requirements from ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) A to ASIL D together with lower power consumption requirements in a high-performance package. Renesas' RH850 family will include multiple application-tailored product series including advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), supported by Green Hills Software's optimizing tool chain and debugger, allowing customers to select the product that matches their specific requirements. The RH850 family will extend from single core to multicore with dual core lockstep allowing for flexible functional safety capabilities. Developers require a correspondingly reliable and
The longtime collaboration between Renesas and Green Hills Software has produced popular optimizing compilers that offer tailored optimization for the RH850 family of MCUs. The Green Hills Software tools employ thousands of processor-independent and processor-dependent optimizations, including advanced techniques such as an advance dual-issue pipeline scheduler, inter-procedural optimizations, link-time automatic addressing mode optimization and code factoring. The result is technology that generates the fastest and smallest code for the RH850 family.
The MULTI integrated development environment (IDE) leverages 30 years of embedded software development expertise to provide developers an integrated package of tools they need to create reliable software efficiently.
The MULTI IDE for Renesas' RH850 family offers integrated development, debug and programming tools, including AUTOSAR operating system awareness, which gives the user visibility into objects and tasks and system state; single core and multicore build and debugging for bare-board (no OS) applications; flash programming for on-chip flash; new multicore instruction set simulator (ISS) with support for Renesas' RH850's hyper-threading capabilities; performance profiler; project builder; code coverage; run-time error checking; MISRA C adherence wizard; DoubleCheck integrated static code analyzer; and Green Hills target debug agents for Renesas' on-chip debugging and in-circuit emulators.
For more information visit www.ghs.com.
- Model-based tests run on target platform
- Modular approach for ADAS software
- Safety-critical RTOS for Renesas MCUs
- Linking in-vehicle infotainment and phones at RTOS level
- Safety-compliant development tools for Renesas' RX series MCUs
- Embedded Workbench for Renesas' RXv2 core
- Code-test upgrade supports Green Hills' SH and TriCore optimising compilers
- Software-defined radio processor for car-to-car and car-to-infrastructure communication
- Software components, safely exchanged along the value chain
- Adaptive vehicle software architecture will correct malfunctions
- Integrity RTOS now supports Renesas’ 2nd-Generation R-Car devices
- Renesas SoC doubles graphics performance over previous generation
- Data acquisition software imports data from Althen loggers
- Webcast series offers guide to adopting ISO 26262 software testing requirements
- Software tool evaluates safety-critical program code
- Apple, Tesla, the perfect couple?
- Flow cell challenges litihium ion
- Volvo builds HMI around large centre-stack touch screen
- Bosch returns to traction battery business with new JV
- Daimler S-class comes with MOST150
- Green light for European C2X standard
- Why Japan leads in electromobility - and why this could change soon
- Tesla reveals USD5bn lithium-ion battery 'Gigafactory' manufacturing plans
- One hardware, multiple domains: virtualising is the answer
- What EV charging technologies to watch for in 2014
- Ford demos automated driving at Mobile World Congress
- Renault switches gears to 'hyperconnected'
- Valeo utilizes LeddarTech sensing technology for next-gen ADAS
- Strong growth ahead for automotive image sensors
- Wireless charging standards to be consolidated
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms