Green Hills Software develops toolset for Renesas RH850 MCU
Today's automotive MCU developers are increasingly looking to satisfy functional safety requirements from ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) A to ASIL D together with lower power consumption requirements in a high-performance package. Renesas' RH850 family will include multiple application-tailored product series including advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), supported by Green Hills Software's optimizing tool chain and debugger, allowing customers to select the product that matches their specific requirements. The RH850 family will extend from single core to multicore with dual core lockstep allowing for flexible functional safety capabilities. Developers require a correspondingly reliable and
The longtime collaboration between Renesas and Green Hills Software has produced popular optimizing compilers that offer tailored optimization for the RH850 family of MCUs. The Green Hills Software tools employ thousands of processor-independent and processor-dependent optimizations, including advanced techniques such as an advance dual-issue pipeline scheduler, inter-procedural optimizations, link-time automatic addressing mode optimization and code factoring. The result is technology that generates the fastest and smallest code for the RH850 family.
The MULTI integrated development environment (IDE) leverages 30 years of embedded software development expertise to provide developers an integrated package of tools they need to create reliable software efficiently.
The MULTI IDE for Renesas' RH850 family offers integrated development, debug and programming tools, including AUTOSAR operating system awareness, which gives the user visibility into objects and tasks and system state; single core and multicore build and debugging for bare-board (no OS) applications; flash programming for on-chip flash; new multicore instruction set simulator (ISS) with support for Renesas' RH850's hyper-threading capabilities; performance profiler; project builder; code coverage; run-time error checking; MISRA C adherence wizard; DoubleCheck integrated static code analyzer; and Green Hills target debug agents for Renesas' on-chip debugging and in-circuit emulators.
For more information visit www.ghs.com.
- Analysis tool stops software "erosion"
- Opinion: What the NXP/Freescale takeover means for automotive electronics
- Green Hills to support Renesas' R-Car E2 devices
- Altium offers automotive designers a Tasking C compiler update for Renesas RH850
- MCUs target automotive instrument clusters, shape head-up display projections
- Renesas RH850 dev kit gets upgrade
- TI’s SafeTI software development certified to ISO 26262/IEC 61508
- Safety design package for STM32 microcontrollers
- Bosch bets on synergies between electromobility and connectivity
- Infineon takes the lead in auto semiconductors
- Harman continues shopping spree with two software takeovers
- Unified hardware/software debug with embedded virtual prototyping
- Green Hills adds virtualised graphics to R-Car platform
- Project simplifies multicore software development
- Automotive MCU targets high-end, integrated-systems applications
- Is this the Tesla killer?
- Self-driving cars in real-world traffic with real customers
- Flow cell powertrain stuns with extreme data
- Audi launches lighting lab
- Porsche rainmaker advocates platooning
- Rear axle becomes steerable… by wire
- Xilinx flexes its muscles in the ADAS arena
- Volvo cars share road-condition info in the cloud
- Infineon, Hella make radar sensor more affordable
- Ballard IP to boost Audi’s fuel cell developments
- Infineon: CAN FD success goes at the expense of FlexRay
- NXP, Freescale plan mega merger
- Four-channel video encoder addresses parking assist systems
- Scalable electric powertrain targets utility vehicles
- OLED exterior lighting soon in series vehicles, Osram says
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking