Green Hills Software develops toolset for Renesas RH850 MCU
Today's automotive MCU developers are increasingly looking to satisfy functional safety requirements from ASIL (Automotive Safety Integrity Level) A to ASIL D together with lower power consumption requirements in a high-performance package. Renesas' RH850 family will include multiple application-tailored product series including advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), supported by Green Hills Software's optimizing tool chain and debugger, allowing customers to select the product that matches their specific requirements. The RH850 family will extend from single core to multicore with dual core lockstep allowing for flexible functional safety capabilities. Developers require a correspondingly reliable and
The longtime collaboration between Renesas and Green Hills Software has produced popular optimizing compilers that offer tailored optimization for the RH850 family of MCUs. The Green Hills Software tools employ thousands of processor-independent and processor-dependent optimizations, including advanced techniques such as an advance dual-issue pipeline scheduler, inter-procedural optimizations, link-time automatic addressing mode optimization and code factoring. The result is technology that generates the fastest and smallest code for the RH850 family.
The MULTI integrated development environment (IDE) leverages 30 years of embedded software development expertise to provide developers an integrated package of tools they need to create reliable software efficiently.
The MULTI IDE for Renesas' RH850 family offers integrated development, debug and programming tools, including AUTOSAR operating system awareness, which gives the user visibility into objects and tasks and system state; single core and multicore build and debugging for bare-board (no OS) applications; flash programming for on-chip flash; new multicore instruction set simulator (ISS) with support for Renesas' RH850's hyper-threading capabilities; performance profiler; project builder; code coverage; run-time error checking; MISRA C adherence wizard; DoubleCheck integrated static code analyzer; and Green Hills target debug agents for Renesas' on-chip debugging and in-circuit emulators.
For more information visit www.ghs.com.
- Ethernet AVB comes in complete package
- Image processing software eases car number plate reading
- Over-the-air technology facilitates software updates for cars
- Duo of driver chip and IGBT gate drivers target HEV powertrain
- Toyota utilizes SPARK Pro programming language in ultra-low-defect software
- Single-chip solution combines instrument cluster graphics with hardware security
- Renesas samples Flash MCUs with 40nm leading-edge geometries
- Renesas passes automotive semiconductor competitors, Semicast reckons
- Video codec hardware IP doubles performance
- Elektrobit, Renesas roll platform for next-gen infotainment systems
- Bosch drives down fuel consumption - in a salami technique
- Automotive microcontroller benchmark takes energy efficiency into account
- Graphics chip recognizes nearby pedestrians and bicycles
- Study investigates V2V communications with motorcycles
- Lithium-ion batteries withstand 10.000 charging cycles
- Continental supplies powertrain for Renault's e-car Zoe
- Time for a new UI programming paradigm
- Audi picks Analog Devices for semiconductor program
- Volvo builds small e-car series for Siemens
- CAN transceiver family supports CAN FD, offers chokeless EMC performance
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- AV architecture on ARM Cortex SOCs
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms
- What's New In Power Management Electronics
- Communications between a plug-in EV and the EV supply equipment
- TTEthernet Scalable Real-Time Ethernet Platform