News about HevAutomotive photovoltaic MOSFET driver is a first, rated for “under the hood” service February 3, 2015 To control power flows to engine-compartment electronic systems in hybrid vehicles and HEVs, engineers are employing solid-state, MOSFET-based switches. To minimise losses, those FETs must be correctly driven in a high-temperature, high-ESD environment, where galvanic isolation is also essential. Read more Specialist relay carries heavy surge currents for EV/HEV pre-charge function January 7, 2015 Omron Electronic Components Europe (OCB-EU) has added a pre-charge relay aimed specifically at electric and hybrid vehicles and other heavy duty battery powered systems. Read more Bosch stresses high costs for lower fuel consumption April 25, 2013 Is there still headroom for internal combustion engines with better fuel efficiency? Yes, says automotive electronics supplier Bosch. But at a price: It increasingly will require high development costs to squeeze out an extra kilometre of a litre of fuel. At the international engine symposium in Vienna, Bosch CEO Volkmar Denner said "From our perspective it is crucial to consider the further development of the power train under the aspect of cost effectiveness". Read more BMW brings plug-in hybrid roadster to the extremes April 5, 2012 At the Beijing Auto Show later this month, BMW will show for the first time a two-seater sports car with hybrid electric drive. The vehicle exhibits rather extreme features and can be regarded as an example for what is possible today with a perfect blend of mechanics, electronics and smart connectivity. Read more BMW, Toyota join forces for green technology R&D December 1, 2011 Carmakers BMW and Toyota have signed a medium to long-term agreement to jointly conduct R&D activities targeting an environmental-friendly automotive technologies. BMW will also sell fuel efficient diesel engines to Toyota Motor Europe (TME). Read more
Compact, automotive-qualified 600-V gate drive IC simplifies and shrinks designs
Diesel hybrids can reduce CO2 fleet average, market researcher says
Top ten of EE Times Automotive in 2010
Volkswagen invests billions into technology upgrade
Automotive to become semiconductor industry's best customer
Intersil unveils HEV/EV Li-Ion battery management control solution
Japanese government raises next-gen vehicles estimates
Contract for developing in-wheel electric drive awarded
Isabellenhütte Heusler and austriamicrosystems cooperate on flexible battery sensor ICs
Hybrid commercial vehicles market to grow, but...
PSA secures loan to finance plug-in hybrid development
Bosch airs all-electric vehicle strategy
CO2 reduction targets for trucks can only be achieved by combining technologies, study says
Premo develops Industry's smallest automotive 35 Amp current sensor
German trio transfers Lithium-ion technology to hybrid-drive trucks
Battery management data acquisition IC offers very high accuracy
Daimler, Nissan in cooperation talks
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- MOST – a gigabit data backbone for future car generations?
- Delphi selected to build Audi’s autopilot computer
- Is head-up display future ADAS screen?
- Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye
- Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods
- How will deep learning change SoCs?
- Multi-function integrated FET switch replaces automotive relays
- Magneti Marelli revs up F1, motorcycle racing
- Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution
- MINI giving drivers a peek at 'augmented reality'
- The car's the star...
- Electric vehicles: Driving range decides
- MOSTCO demos integration of MOST bus with Autosar
- Rare earth magnets still optimum choice, says motor design expert
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation