IAR Systems provides development tools for Renesas V850E2 microcontrollers
The V850E2/Fx4-L series features very low power consumption paired with high functionality. It is designed for the automotive comfort and body segment, for applications such as roof or window lifters, HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), body control modules, and door, seat and light modules. These new microcontrollers provide power-saving features such as the sequencer (SEQ). The SEQ supports hardware monitoring of digital inputs in deep stop mode without any usage of the CPU or memory. When the SEQ detects activities at the digital inputs, the device switches from deep stop mode to run mode. Another feature is the LIN-master controller (LMA) which supports the automatic LIN-frame detection without CPU interactivity.
The highly-optimizing C/C++ compiler and debugger tool suite IAR Embedded Workbench for V850 supplies extensive support for all devices in the V850, V850E, V850ES, and V850E2 families. The V850E2/Fx4-L microcontrollers are supported by IAR Embedded Workbench for V850 version 3.81, available today. This new release also adds support for Reneas E20 emulator, integration with the version control system Subversion, and new license features, such as commuter licenses, automatic license activation and support for virtual servers.
IAR Embedded Workbench is available for a variety of Renesas targets, in total more than 4.000 devices.
To read more about IAR Embedded Workbench for V850, and to download evaluation versions, go to www.iar.com/ewv850.
- Shunt-based management system targets lithium-ion batteries
- Automotive applications drive demand for DC brushless motors, IMS Research says
- Bluetooth all-in one module with antenna targets automotive use
- Open-source driving simulator software targets research and development
- iSystem embedded development and test environment for Segger J-Link
- 25,000 DMIPS-capable SoC targets the automotive infotainment market
- Varitronix to increase LCD production capacity with US$25m design & manufacturing line
- Project creates data exchange formats for efficient HMI development processes
- Automotive LCD shipments market to run hot, IHS predicts
- Embedded development environment for smaller memory versions of Renesas RX MCUs
- Bosch drives down fuel consumption - in a salami technique
- Automotive microcontroller benchmark takes energy efficiency into account
- Graphics chip recognizes nearby pedestrians and bicycles
- Study investigates V2V communications with motorcycles
- Continental supplies powertrain for Renault's e-car Zoe
- Lithium-ion batteries withstand 10.000 charging cycles
- Time for a new UI programming paradigm
- Audi picks Analog Devices for semiconductor program
- Volvo builds small e-car series for Siemens
- CAN transceiver family supports CAN FD, offers chokeless EMC performance
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- AV architecture on ARM Cortex SOCs
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms
- What's New In Power Management Electronics
- Communications between a plug-in EV and the EV supply equipment
- TTEthernet Scalable Real-Time Ethernet Platform