Ixonos rolls customizable digital content store for connected cars
Earlier this year, Ixonos introduced its Ixonos IVI Connect Head unit connectivity software. Now the Ixonos Experience Store for Automotive enhances the company's offering for the automotive industry. The Ixonos Experience Store for Automotive is a cloud-based service, which provides easy setup and cost-efficient maintenance as well as allows the store to adapt to rapid growth or changes in operations. The platform is also suitable for distribution of other types of digital content, such as video, music, e-books and online magazines. “Ixonos Experience Store for Automotive is the first usability driven store for vehicles, with safety as a key priority – this is one of the truly unique aspects of this new product”, says Roope Suomalainen, head of the Experience business area at Ixonos. “Vehicles are getting connected and we are in the forefront of bringing internet services to cars”, explains Suomalainen.
“There are several similarities between the automotive industry and mobile communications, but there are also significant differences”, says Timo Salminen, Director, Automotive & Home. “Ability to control the content to avoid driver distraction is essential. On the other hand, we also need to enable third parties to get controlled access to cars, such as for rear seat entertainment”, Mr Salminen continues.
Analytics is an essential part of the Ixonos Experience Store for Automotive. The store allows customer relationships to be strengthened, for instance by using individual user information to provide targeted services and information. “If the consumer allows it, we can collect data about, for example, consumer behaviour or driving style. This enables dealers to understand their customers better and provide improved customer service”, Mr Salminen, points out.
Part of the Ixonos Experience Store for Automotive offering is to provide the tools and frameworks to build apps and services designed for the car environment. “There is vast room for innovation, for example to enhance the navigation service and the overall driving experience. Our design team, together with our developers, has spent a lot of time to enable car manufacturers to take advantage of the competence that we have built in the mobile industry”, states Esa Nettamo, Creative Director, Finland Design Studio, at Ixonos.
In the coming years, many new cars will be connected and apps will become a natural way to enhance the driving experience, communicate, enjoy entertainment and obtain other services in vehicles. Ixonos anticipates that connectivity will bring significant opportunities to the car industry. Ixonos IVI Connect and Ixonos Experience Store for Automotive enable proactive companies to provide their new innovations to enhance the driving experience. In addition, these products provide simple APIs (application programming interfaces) for all major smartphone platforms, allowing existing mobile applications to be used in vehicles.
For more information, visit http://www.ixonos.com/
- Bosch drives down fuel consumption - in a salami technique
- Automotive microcontroller benchmark takes energy efficiency into account
- Graphics chip recognizes nearby pedestrians and bicycles
- Study investigates V2V communications with motorcycles
- Lithium-ion batteries withstand 10.000 charging cycles
- Continental supplies powertrain for Renault's e-car Zoe
- Time for a new UI programming paradigm
- Audi picks Analog Devices for semiconductor program
- Volvo builds small e-car series for Siemens
- CAN transceiver family supports CAN FD, offers chokeless EMC performance
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- AV architecture on ARM Cortex SOCs
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms
- What's New In Power Management Electronics
- Communications between a plug-in EV and the EV supply equipment
- TTEthernet Scalable Real-Time Ethernet Platform