New IPEmotion measurement software displays high-speed signals
According to Ipetronik, the new features of its software include an oscilloscope view of very high-speed signals, a new type of “X-Y” diagram, license management via a USB dongle, extended installation options in the IPEmotion setup, and a new formula parser. Other new features include configurable directories that enable customization, and global configuration of hotkeys for easier operation via a keyboard.
In order to be able to display high-speed signals in the 100-kHz range at full resolution, the latest version of IPEmotion offers an oscilloscope view for online display. The time basis for this can be triggered at up to 100 ns. Each oscilloscope has its own individual trigger that can be used to initiate a recording. Here, a “freeze mode” makes it possible to manually pause the display at any time. Another highlight of the new version is the use of “X-Y” charts that enable display of two signals in relation to each other. This makes it possible, for instance to plot force in relation to distance or material thickness in relation to distance. This type of diagram is available for both online display and subsequent analysis.
Standard licensing for IPEmotion is managed on a per-computer basis. With the new USB dongle option, IPEmotion users can install IPEmotion on as many computers as they like. The software then runs on the PC that the dongle has been connected to.
Other advantages with respect to licensing management include an extended range of installation options available for setting up IPEmotion. Normally, IPEmotion is installed for a specific Windows user. From V01.05.00 onward, IPEmotion can also be installed for all registered users. As a result, an administrator can install IPEmotion for other users without having to log into those accounts.
The new formula parser ensures that calculations remain uniform in IPEmotion and all hardware plug-ins. It was implemented in such a way that it can be used in IPEmotion and by other applications as well. This ensures that other applications – such as statistics programs – that integrate the IPEmotion formula parser arrive at the same results in all calculations. With version V01.05.00, configurable directories make it possible to customize the configuration. Users can now freely configure nearly every directory (folder) that IPEmotion uses. That means that individual users can adjust IPEmotion to meet their specific needs, for example with regard to the location at which IPEmotion stores the acquired test and measurement data.
Furthermore, IPEmotion now also supports global configuration of hotkeys. This is useful, because there are times when it is not possible to use an external mouse or a touchpad to operate the software. For this reason, it is important for selected functions to be made available on hotkeys. This makes it possible, for instance, to also use IPEmotion easily and safely in a vehicle, the vendor says.
For more information, visit http://www.ipemotion.com
- High rel capacitors resist vibration and operate to 135șC
- 40-V, 2-A buck-boost DC/DC converter fits in 20-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package
- Inova's eval boards join Goepel's automotive interfaces range
- Volkswagen, Stanford University intensify collaboration
- Gone in sixty seconds: extracting M2M vehicle data
- Automotive LED drivers combine high voltage rating with strong EMC performance
- CAN to USB interface comes in new housing with galvanic isolation
- IHS predicts strong growth for automotive electronics
- Four channel analog input module adds direct CAN bus output
- Requirements lifecycle management tool targets safety-critical FPGA and ASIC design
- Bosch drives down fuel consumption - in a salami technique
- Automotive microcontroller benchmark takes energy efficiency into account
- Graphics chip recognizes nearby pedestrians and bicycles
- Study investigates V2V communications with motorcycles
- Lithium-ion batteries withstand 10.000 charging cycles
- Continental supplies powertrain for Renault's e-car Zoe
- Time for a new UI programming paradigm
- Audi picks Analog Devices for semiconductor program
- Volvo builds small e-car series for Siemens
- CAN transceiver family supports CAN FD, offers chokeless EMC performance