New Melexis LIN Transceiver drives down cost
The LIN bus continues its successful adoption in automotive applications. This robust, cost effective communication scheme enables many basic networking functions in sub-systems previously considered to be uneconomical for smart sensors, actuators and controls. As a consequence of this successful implementation of many different LIN applications there is a need for LIN transceivers to manage the physical connection of the standard MCU to the LIN bus. Melexis new MLX80020BA easily meets the demand for LIN transceivers compliant to the LIN 2.x standard.
The MLX80020BA is a standalone LIN transceiver. Designed and fabricated in 0.35 micron HV-CMOS technology, the device enables customers to design LIN implementations at lower system costs. This transceiver has built in safety functions including TxD dominant time out as well as high impedance bus pin in case of loss of ground and under-voltage condition. The pin configuration of this new LIN transceiver is compatible to the defined standard pin out of the OEMs.
The EMC behavior of LIN Bus ICs is critical in automotive applications. The MLX80020BA design exhibits remarkable robustness when subjected to the injection of high frequency disturbances. The IC has also achieved very low electromagnetic emission to further simplify the design challenges of networked communication in hostile automotive environments. The timing parameters are optimized for the data transmission according LIN 2.x to obtain excellent EMC behavior.
The MLX80020BA meets the automotive temperature range of -40°C to 125°C and has on chip protection against over-temperature, 40V load dump and LIN short to ground resulting in a lower system component count and cost. The integrated standby management assures that the MLX80020BA can “wake up” from the LIN bus itself or directly from a connected microcontroller or an additional external source. Typical current consumption in sleep mode is lower than 9µA.
PPAP samples are available and come in a cost efficient SOIC8 RoHS compliant package.
For more information, visit http://www.melexis.com/In-Vehicle-Networking/General/MLX80020BA-772.aspx
- Volkswagen approves chokeless HS-CAN transceivers
- Programmable Hall effect current sensor
- CAN transceivers address tough EMC requirements
- Timing analysis software supports LIN bus analysis
- LIN bus motor control IC simplifies 12V automotive actuator designs
- Space-saving, low power charge pump targets automotive, industrial applications
- UHF transceiver enables simultaneous multi-channel data reception
- LIN slave companion IC supports automotive ISO26262 requirements
- SOT-23 ESD protection diode protects FlexRay transceiver
- Triaxis position sensor with SENT protocol for safety critical applications
- LIN transceiver offers very low standby current plus strong EMC/ESD behaviour
- Enhanced LIN communication chips integrate voltage regulation, watchdog functionality
- NXP expands FlexRay transceiver portfolio
- Automotive-qualified CAN transceiver offers galvanic isolation
- Gesture and proximity sensing ICs enable next-gen automotive HMI
- Apple, Tesla, the perfect couple?
- Volvo builds HMI around large centre-stack touch screen
- Bosch returns to traction battery business with new JV
- Flow cell challenges litihium ion
- Daimler S-class comes with MOST150
- Green light for European C2X standard
- Tesla reveals USD5bn lithium-ion battery 'Gigafactory' manufacturing plans
- One hardware, multiple domains: virtualising is the answer
- What EV charging technologies to watch for in 2014
- Continental, Infineon widen powertrain activities
- Ten predictions for the EV market as seen by IHS
- Ford demos automated driving at Mobile World Congress
- Valeo utilizes LeddarTech sensing technology for next-gen ADAS
- Renault switches gears to 'hyperconnected'
- Why Japan leads in electromobility - and why this could change soon
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms