Quad 1A step-down switching regulator with 100% duty cycle operation
Its internal 1.5A switches can deliver up to 1A of continuous output current per channel to voltages as low as 0.8V. The LT3504's unique design includes an onboard boost regulator, enabling each channel to operate at 100% duty cycle, even with input voltage as low as 3.2V. This architecture makes the LT3504 well suited for applications requiring continuous output regulation, such as automotive cold-crank and stop-start scenarios.
Switching frequency is user-programmable from 250kHz to 2.2MHz and synchronizable throughout the range, enabling the designer to optimize efficiency while avoiding critical noise-sensitive frequency bands. The combination of its 28-lead 4mm x 5mm QFN and high switching frequency keeps external inductors and capacitors small, providing a compact, thermally efficient footprint for multiple output applications.
The LT3504 utilizes four internal 1.5A switches for the step-down conversion and a 220mA switch for the internal boost circuit, with the necessary oscillator, control and logic circuitry integrated into a single die. Special design techniques and a new high voltage process deliver efficiencies up to 88% over a wide input voltage range, while the LT3504's current mode topology enables fast transient response and excellent loop stability. Anti-phase switching reduces input ripple and robust short-circuit protection enhances system reliability. Other features include output voltage tracking, programmable undervoltage lockout and a power good pin to indicate when all outputs are in regulation.
The LT3504EUFD is packaged in a 4mm x 5mm QFN-28, priced starting at $3.50 each for 1,000-piece quantities. The LT3504IUFD is tested and guaranteed to operate from a -40°C to 125°C operating junction temperature and is priced at $3.85 each in 1,000-piece quantities. Both versions are available from stock.
For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LT3504
- 40-V, 2-A buck-boost DC/DC converter fits in 20-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package
- Gone in sixty seconds: extracting M2M vehicle data
- Switching matrix enables high-throughput test applications at high package density
- Phase modulated full-bridge controller features wide operating temperature range
- Fraunhofer claims breakthrough towards cost-efficient e-car batteries
- 60-V input inverting DC/DC controller uses a single inductor to simplify design
- New IC technology boosts performance of large lithium Ion battery packs
- Space-saving charge pump IC accepts wide input voltage range
- Semtech expands automotive qualified product platform for power management and display backlighting applications
- High efficiency bidirectional multicell battery balancer
- Bosch drives down fuel consumption - in a salami technique
- Automotive microcontroller benchmark takes energy efficiency into account
- Graphics chip recognizes nearby pedestrians and bicycles
- Study investigates V2V communications with motorcycles
- Lithium-ion batteries withstand 10.000 charging cycles
- Continental supplies powertrain for Renault's e-car Zoe
- Time for a new UI programming paradigm
- Audi picks Analog Devices for semiconductor program
- Volvo builds small e-car series for Siemens
- CAN transceiver family supports CAN FD, offers chokeless EMC performance
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- AV architecture on ARM Cortex SOCs
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms
- What's New In Power Management Electronics
- Communications between a plug-in EV and the EV supply equipment
- TTEthernet Scalable Real-Time Ethernet Platform