Renesas Electronics opens office in Brazil with automotive business in mind
This new company will bolster Renesas' support and services for the South America region by providing local sales promotion and technical product support, as well as regional systems solution development expertise. Over the past 10 years, working along with its local sales representative and distributors, Renesas has experienced strong adoption of its signal chain solutions in Brazil, especially from the automotive and industrial markets. Renesas has a strong desire to expand its global footprint to pursue growth outside Japan. With this expanded investment in the Brazilian market, a richer relationship with customers and partners in the region.
By providing local support via the new company, Renesas aims to increase its MCU market share in Brazil, as well as increasing its share of the power device market by offering a rich line-up for integrated MCU kit-solutions.
“We are pleased to expand our operations into South America with our new subsidiary. We have seen great promise in this market and we believe that this new investment demonstrates our commitment to customers and partners in Brazil,” said Tetsuro Kitano, senior vice president, Renesas Electronics Corporation. “Going forward, we plan to deliver increased benefits and resources to our customers in Brazil by expanding our ecosystem and building partnerships with local independent design houses, contract manufacturers, universities and R&D centers.”
“I have long been impressed with the innovations being developed by the engineering community in Brazil, especially the areas of automotive, home appliances, motor control and smart metering,” said Ali Sebt, CEO, Renesas Electronics America. “It is an honor to provide MCUs and power semiconductor solutions for products that will enable people to interact with their electronics more efficiently, more conveniently, more safely and with greater intelligence and intuition.”
Along with a new office, Renesas Electronics Brazil also launched a Portuguese language web site, http://br.renesas.com. The new office is staffed by product marketing, application engineering and field application engineering resources.
Visit Renesas Electronics at www.renesas.com
- Multimedia software exploits Renesas R-Car platform
- More memory, more functions, for Renesas 32-bit MCUs
- Structural electronics - the next big thing in smart cars?
- Green Hills OS support for Renesas’ R-Car automotive platform
- Hi-resolution image recognition for driver assistance systems
- Compiler for Renesas microcontroller supports MISRA C:2012
- Takeover catapults Visteon into first league of automotive electronics
- Sysgo offers virtualisation for Renesas infotainment platform
- LED modules focus on harsh automotive environments
- Bosch, Conti dominate automotive electronics market
- Wind river infotainment platform is Genivi compliant
- Renesas prepares Ethernet AVB infotainment platform
- Is Infineon really back on track?
- Renesas RX tools gain stack usage analysis
- Safety-critical RTOS for Renesas MCUs
- Infineon's secret weapon: Dresden Fab, 48V car battery
- Is there a future for the MOST bus?
- When the steering wheel is a computer
- LTE successfully tested in V2X scenario
- Noise cancellation: The sounds of silence in the car
- Smartphone integration shifts automotive processor demand
- Breakthrough for traction batteries? Ultra-fast battery charges in 2 minutes
- Robot on the Racetrack: Audi presents driverless racing car
- Volvo Trucks develops all-around view safety system
- Osram spotlights brightest LED for car headlights
- ECU operating system to reduce complexity in the car
- MCU comes with embedded 3D graphics
- Safety package protects small electric vehicles
- Consumer chips in the car? Experts demand adequate design processes
- SoC architecture is optimised for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform