Renesas Electronics opens office in Brazil with automotive business in mind
This new company will bolster Renesas' support and services for the South America region by providing local sales promotion and technical product support, as well as regional systems solution development expertise. Over the past 10 years, working along with its local sales representative and distributors, Renesas has experienced strong adoption of its signal chain solutions in Brazil, especially from the automotive and industrial markets. Renesas has a strong desire to expand its global footprint to pursue growth outside Japan. With this expanded investment in the Brazilian market, a richer relationship with customers and partners in the region.
By providing local support via the new company, Renesas aims to increase its MCU market share in Brazil, as well as increasing its share of the power device market by offering a rich line-up for integrated MCU kit-solutions.
“We are pleased to expand our operations into South America with our new subsidiary. We have seen great promise in this market and we believe that this new investment demonstrates our commitment to customers and partners in Brazil,” said Tetsuro Kitano, senior vice president, Renesas Electronics Corporation. “Going forward, we plan to deliver increased benefits and resources to our customers in Brazil by expanding our ecosystem and building partnerships with local independent design houses, contract manufacturers, universities and R&D centers.”
“I have long been impressed with the innovations being developed by the engineering community in Brazil, especially the areas of automotive, home appliances, motor control and smart metering,” said Ali Sebt, CEO, Renesas Electronics America. “It is an honor to provide MCUs and power semiconductor solutions for products that will enable people to interact with their electronics more efficiently, more conveniently, more safely and with greater intelligence and intuition.”
Along with a new office, Renesas Electronics Brazil also launched a Portuguese language web site, http://br.renesas.com. The new office is staffed by product marketing, application engineering and field application engineering resources.
Visit Renesas Electronics at www.renesas.com
- Growing through obsolescence
- Automotive MCU targets high-end, integrated-systems applications
- Multimedia software exploits Renesas R-Car platform
- More memory, more functions, for Renesas 32-bit MCUs
- Structural electronics - the next big thing in smart cars?
- Green Hills OS support for Renesas’ R-Car automotive platform
- Hi-resolution image recognition for driver assistance systems
- Compiler for Renesas microcontroller supports MISRA C:2012
- Takeover catapults Visteon into first league of automotive electronics
- Sysgo offers virtualisation for Renesas infotainment platform
- LED modules focus on harsh automotive environments
- Bosch, Conti dominate automotive electronics market
- Wind river infotainment platform is Genivi compliant
- Renesas prepares Ethernet AVB infotainment platform
- Is Infineon really back on track?
- Virtual car key, Lidar sensors and more: Valeo flexes its muscles
- LA Auto Show: Hydrogen fuel cell drive is back
- Researchers unlock potential of phased-array radar for automotive deployment
- Industry embraces 48V supply in the aim of bringing down emissions
- Advanced lead-carbon batteries could enable 48V super hybrid vehicles
- Renesas shifts automotive centre of gravity to Europe
- NXP extends NFC ecosystem to the car
- Vehicle-to-X technology: 1.300 km drive starts at electronica
- Advanced wheel hub drive passes extensive driving tests
- Bosch brings electronic fuel system, connectivity to Asian motorbikes
- Eye-tracking, the next wave in HMI design?
- Spansion CEO: "Quality happens at the system level"
- TRW power steering system in VW, Skoda, Audi and Fiat
- LED control chips enable more efficient automotive lighting designs
- Research project significantly improves electronics reliability
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform