Safety expert companies join forces for automotive ECUs
"By bundling our manufacturing and design resources we can offer a comprehensive spectrum of a systems provider while maintaining the flexibility of the two vendors," explained Silver Atena general manager Josef Mitterhuber. The goal of the collaboration is to achieve synergy effects resulting from the combination of R&D and manufacturing capabilities. Silver Atena plans to contribute its expertise in safety-related electronics development and in particular its expertise in design processes according to ISO 26262 up to ASIL level C; Sitronic contributes its experience as a manufacturing services provider for the automotive industry with significant know-how in production processes.
At the congress of the German automotive industry association VDA this week, the companies already introduced a reference project as the first fruit of their collaboration: An electronic controller for a roll stabilizer. The product is designed to meet the requirements of mid- to high-class vehicles, in particular for Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs). A Silver Atena spokesperson explained that the device is not a feasibility study but a real product which will be marketed to car OEMs.
For the time being the automotive market is the focus point of the collaboration. Going forward the companies plan to address other markets where safety is a critical factor, such as aerospace and industrial electronics.
- Is this the Tesla killer?
- Self-driving cars in real-world traffic with real customers
- Flow cell powertrain stuns with extreme data
- Audi launches lighting lab
- Supercapbatteries, thermoelectrics to power future cars
- Rear axle becomes steerable… by wire
- Porsche rainmaker advocates platooning
- Volvo cars share road-condition info in the cloud
- Ballard IP to boost Audi’s fuel cell developments
- Xilinx flexes its muscles in the ADAS arena
- Infineon, Hella make radar sensor more affordable
- Infineon: CAN FD success goes at the expense of FlexRay
- Four-channel video encoder addresses parking assist systems
- Scalable electric powertrain targets utility vehicles
- OLED exterior lighting soon in series vehicles, Osram says
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking