Safety expert companies join forces for automotive ECUs
"By bundling our manufacturing and design resources we can offer a comprehensive spectrum of a systems provider while maintaining the flexibility of the two vendors," explained Silver Atena general manager Josef Mitterhuber. The goal of the collaboration is to achieve synergy effects resulting from the combination of R&D and manufacturing capabilities. Silver Atena plans to contribute its expertise in safety-related electronics development and in particular its expertise in design processes according to ISO 26262 up to ASIL level C; Sitronic contributes its experience as a manufacturing services provider for the automotive industry with significant know-how in production processes.
At the congress of the German automotive industry association VDA this week, the companies already introduced a reference project as the first fruit of their collaboration: An electronic controller for a roll stabilizer. The product is designed to meet the requirements of mid- to high-class vehicles, in particular for Sports Utility Vehicles (SUVs). A Silver Atena spokesperson explained that the device is not a feasibility study but a real product which will be marketed to car OEMs.
For the time being the automotive market is the focus point of the collaboration. Going forward the companies plan to address other markets where safety is a critical factor, such as aerospace and industrial electronics.
- Apple iCar: Do iCare?
- Broadcom Tackles 5 Questions on Ethernet in Cars
- NXP rolls Ethernet product family for next-gen data-rich cars
- Apple self-driving car is a reality, claims report
- Cars learn to deal with each other automatically
- These five trends drive automotive innovation
- Self-sweeping lasers could make LIDAR systems cheaper
- Electric car maker Tesla reveals snakebot charger
- Racing car technology reaches road freight vehicles
- Airbus D&S and Lime Microsystems plan “Robust” Galileo GNSS receiver
- Rohde & Schwarz to highlight automotive radar at EuMW
- Domain controller concept gains traction
- Energy storage unit combines truck battery, ultracaps
- BMS optimised for high power density, low price
- Here strives to establish uniform auto sensor data format
- Automotive Circuit Protection using Littelfuse Automotive TVS Diodes
- A Smart Way to Drive ECU Consolidation
- Autonomous Driving: An Eye on the Road Ahead
- Automotive Designs Demand Low EMI Synchronous Buck Converters
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing