Safety standard certified ceramic capacitor for automotive applications
The capacitors are coated with a newly developed insulating resin material. The resin improves the temperature resistance cycle performance and allows the capacitors to be guaranteed to endure 1,000 -55°C/+125°C temperature cycles.
These highly reliable capacitors have a 300 VAC voltage rating and the flame-retardant epoxy resin used is compliant with the UL94V-0 flammability standard. The X1/Y2 class products comply with UL and ENEC (VDE) safety standards.
While meeting the criteria for safety and vehicle-mounted applications, the new ceramic capacitors are suited for use in the AC line filters of the vehicle-mounted chargers found in plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) and electric vehicles (EV).
Since PHEVs and EVs are recharged directly from external power supplies, it is possible that the capacitors that are connected directly to the primary circuits of the vehicle-mounted chargers will be subjected to high-voltage surges from the external power supplies. This is the reason why capacitors that are certified as conforming to the safety standards, and that are capable of withstanding these surges are required.
For further information visit www.murata.eu
- High-temp, 150C, capacitors for automotive applications
- EU agrees on charging plug for electric cars
- Why Japan leads in electromobility - and why this could change soon
- What EV charging technologies to watch for in 2014
- Automotive-qualified passives
- MEMS accelerometer targets engine anti-vibration and suspension applications
- Panasonic adds electrolytic chip capacitors to European distribution channels
- Ultra compact crystal unit for automotive applications
- Murata to start mass production of 200-W DC-DC converter for advanced electric scooter
- New material paves way for high temperature capacitors in cars
- 125°C, ROHS compliant multilayered polymer capacitors
- Ceramic pins offer cost-effective solution for resistors, sensors and circuit breakers
- High-temperature capacitor shrunk to 0402 case size
- 2.0x1.25mm 4.7µF monolithic ceramic capacitors operate at up to 125°C
- Rugged aluminum electrolytic capacitors for automotive applications
- Virtual car key, Lidar sensors and more: Valeo flexes its muscles
- LA Auto Show: Hydrogen fuel cell drive is back
- Noise cancellation: The sounds of silence in the car
- Researchers unlock potential of phased-array radar for automotive deployment
- Consumer chips in the car? Experts demand adequate design processes
- Renesas shifts automotive centre of gravity to Europe
- Advanced lead-carbon batteries could enable 48V super hybrid vehicles
- Sensor package saves cost, meets ASIL D
- NXP extends NFC ecosystem to the car
- Vehicle-to-X technology: 1.300 km drive starts at electronica
- Bosch brings electronic fuel system, connectivity to Asian motorbikes
- Eye-tracking, the next wave in HMI design?
- Freescale extends development environment for in-vehicle Ethernet
- Spansion CEO: "Quality happens at the system level"
- Pixel chip sparks energy-efficient intelligent LED headlamps
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform