Safety standard certified ceramic capacitor for automotive applications
The capacitors are coated with a newly developed insulating resin material. The resin improves the temperature resistance cycle performance and allows the capacitors to be guaranteed to endure 1,000 -55°C/+125°C temperature cycles.
These highly reliable capacitors have a 300 VAC voltage rating and the flame-retardant epoxy resin used is compliant with the UL94V-0 flammability standard. The X1/Y2 class products comply with UL and ENEC (VDE) safety standards.
While meeting the criteria for safety and vehicle-mounted applications, the new ceramic capacitors are suited for use in the AC line filters of the vehicle-mounted chargers found in plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) and electric vehicles (EV).
Since PHEVs and EVs are recharged directly from external power supplies, it is possible that the capacitors that are connected directly to the primary circuits of the vehicle-mounted chargers will be subjected to high-voltage surges from the external power supplies. This is the reason why capacitors that are certified as conforming to the safety standards, and that are capable of withstanding these surges are required.
For further information visit www.murata.eu
- High-temperature capacitor shrunk to 0402 case size
- 2.0x1.25mm 4.7µF monolithic ceramic capacitors operate at up to 125°C
- Rugged aluminum electrolytic capacitors for automotive applications
- BMW could soon integrate free-gesture paint defect control
- High permissive current capacitor series targets automotive applications
- Double-layer capacitor powers start-stop system
- Five wireless connectivity standards within a 24.6x18.0x3.0mm package
- Multilayer ceramic capacitor technology offers protection against surface arcing
- SMT capacitor with automotive qualification
- Triaxial accelerometers in the ±500g and ±50 g measurement ranges support aerospace reliability testing
- Bosch drives down fuel consumption - in a salami technique
- Automotive microcontroller benchmark takes energy efficiency into account
- Graphics chip recognizes nearby pedestrians and bicycles
- Study investigates V2V communications with motorcycles
- Lithium-ion batteries withstand 10.000 charging cycles
- Continental supplies powertrain for Renault's e-car Zoe
- Time for a new UI programming paradigm
- Audi picks Analog Devices for semiconductor program
- Volvo builds small e-car series for Siemens
- CAN transceiver family supports CAN FD, offers chokeless EMC performance
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- AV architecture on ARM Cortex SOCs
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms
- What's New In Power Management Electronics
- Communications between a plug-in EV and the EV supply equipment
- TTEthernet Scalable Real-Time Ethernet Platform