SMD power inductors for high temperatures
The new types, which have dimensions of 6.9 x 7.2 x 4.5 mm3, offer rated inductance values ranging from 1 µH to 470 µH. Types are available for rated currents of 0.43 A to 8.9 A, based on a 10 percent drop in initial inductance, and their DC resistance ranges from 9.6 mΩ to 1.42 Ω. Mass production was launched in May 2012.
Power inductors are key components for the power supply circuits of the growing number of electronic control units (ECU) in today's cars. With temperatures that can range from -40 °C to +150 °C the operating conditions in the engine compartment of cars are especially harsh. In order to maintain the high reliability and efficiency of the SMD power inductors over this entire temperature range, TDK used its leading materials technology to develop a new material with excellent heat resistance. As a result the CLF7045-D series is highly suitable for use as choke coils in the DC-DC converters of engine control modules and similar applications. Other application areas include ABS, airbag, and headlight systems.
In addition, an automated process was adopted for the coil windings and connecting lines of the CLF7045-D series, which results in a high-quality baseless, solderless design.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Multi-channel synchronous buck converter with PMBus interface
- KIT, Schaeffler optimise power steering for electric cars
- Smart power switch replaces discretes in powertrain and automotive body electronics
- Bosch CEO predicts cheaper batteries, networked traffic
- Transponder coils have extremely small dimensions
- Power capacitor addresses e-mobility
- Silicon-Carbide MOSFET range extended at 1200V ratings
- 45W/channel audio PA for in-car systems with ‘light’ hybrid electrics
- Power inductors target electric vehicle applications
- Configurable buck DC/DCs deliver 8 A from 2 to 4 independent outputs
- UMC to manufacture automotive power devices for Infineon
- Industry embraces 48V supply in the aim of bringing down emissions
- Isabellenhütte diversifies channels, clientele
- Enpirion adds PowerSoCs to Altera FPGA ecosystem
- Function library speeds real-time simulation
- Bosch seeks to hire thousands of engineers
- Auto chip market: upheaval ahead
- Delphi selected to build Audi’s autopilot computer
- Is head-up display future ADAS screen?
- Automotive lighting design software models perception by human eye
- Bosch to launch business unit for motorbike electronics
- Infineon, GE invest in deterministic networking technology
- How will deep learning change SoCs?
- Automotive chip reliability: A matter of design methods
- Magneti Marelli revs up F1, motorcycle racing
- Study: Automotive industry leads digital revolution
- Fraunhofer launches test centre for high-voltage batteries
- The car's the star...
- MOSTCO demos integration of MOST bus with Autosar
- Cypress brings advanced 2D/3D graphics to compact vehicles
- Intel helps to Turbocharge Infotainment Systems Designs
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation