Software speeds development for Android-based IVI systems
As consumer electronics and automotive worlds continue to blend, the role of software is becoming increasingly more important. The auto industry is racing to offer sophisticated IVI features but often don't possess the embedded device software expertise and need additional assistance from domain experts, as in the case of Android. Also, properly integrating cutting edge software in advanced IVI systems with the complex automotive environment presents additional challenges.
Key features of the Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android, Automotive include enablement of iPod/iPhone/iPad docking for rich multimedia capabilities, a customizable user interface that can be modified by the consumer, and FM radio capabilities.
Wind River also delivers expert software and systems integration services to support customers in their various programs. Wind River's professional services provide a vast array of additional automotive capabilities and technologies such as hyperboot to reduce boot time of an IVI system, firmware management delivering updates to Android devices supporting both online and offline update methods and Bluetooth IVI extensions to control personal phones via the in-vehicle centre console.
The Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android portfolio of software offers developers a catalogue of validated applications and middleware components from which they can pick and choose software elements to fill gaps in expertise and immediately integrate complex, differentiating features. By combining Wind River Solution Accelerators for Android with Wind River support and expert custom engineering services, customers can equip themselves with a high level of flexibility, choice and commercial Android expertise as they create Android-based products optimized for their market specific needs. The addition of the automotive software builds on Wind River's efforts to develop Android components to serve specialized technology and vertical market needs.
For more information about Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android, Automotive, visit http://www.windriver.com/products/mobile/solution-accelerator-automotive/.
- Parkmobile signs mobile payment agreement with the BMW Group
- Module combines support for WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC
- Intelligent bicycle gets connected
- EV battery electrochemical reaction revealed by Nanoscale study
- Li-ion battery simulator spurs traction battery development
- 100 yeas old: Traffic lights switch to smart mode
- This is how the cockpit of the future might look like
- Samsung SDI batteries to drive future BMW EVs
- VW grabs Blackberry's European R&D lab
- Automotive OEMs crowd around Google
- Sysgo offers virtualisation for Renesas infotainment platform
- Intel steps on the gas in the auto market
- Wind river infotainment platform is Genivi compliant
- Mixing quick and conventional charging protects EV batteries
- Power infotainment systems with automotive buck regulator
- EE Times' annual salary & opinion survey report
- Infineon's secret weapon: Dresden Fab, 48V car battery
- BMW connects car through Smartwatch app
- Daimler to test autonomous driving in California
- Study challenges Tesla's Gigafactory figures, predicts battery overcapacity
- Structural electronics - the next big thing in smart cars?
- LTE successfully tested in V2X scenario
- Radar-based blind spot assist to eliminate collisions during turning
- Smartphone integration shifts automotive processor demand
- Lithium ion batteries: new materials multiply charging capability
- ZF swallows TRW Automotive to form world's second largest supplier
- Centralised architecture: Apps as driver assistant systems
- Battery-pack controller manages 14-cell lithium ion sources to ASIL-C
- App looks into vehicle electronics
- Safety package protects small electric vehicles
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform