Software speeds development for Android-based IVI systems
As consumer electronics and automotive worlds continue to blend, the role of software is becoming increasingly more important. The auto industry is racing to offer sophisticated IVI features but often don't possess the embedded device software expertise and need additional assistance from domain experts, as in the case of Android. Also, properly integrating cutting edge software in advanced IVI systems with the complex automotive environment presents additional challenges.
Key features of the Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android, Automotive include enablement of iPod/iPhone/iPad docking for rich multimedia capabilities, a customizable user interface that can be modified by the consumer, and FM radio capabilities.
Wind River also delivers expert software and systems integration services to support customers in their various programs. Wind River's professional services provide a vast array of additional automotive capabilities and technologies such as hyperboot to reduce boot time of an IVI system, firmware management delivering updates to Android devices supporting both online and offline update methods and Bluetooth IVI extensions to control personal phones via the in-vehicle centre console.
The Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android portfolio of software offers developers a catalogue of validated applications and middleware components from which they can pick and choose software elements to fill gaps in expertise and immediately integrate complex, differentiating features. By combining Wind River Solution Accelerators for Android with Wind River support and expert custom engineering services, customers can equip themselves with a high level of flexibility, choice and commercial Android expertise as they create Android-based products optimized for their market specific needs. The addition of the automotive software builds on Wind River's efforts to develop Android components to serve specialized technology and vertical market needs.
For more information about Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android, Automotive, visit http://www.windriver.com/products/mobile/solution-accelerator-automotive/.
- Nanomaterial-packed cathode extends range of EV lithium-sulfur batteries
- Bosch develops ECUs for fuel cell vehicles
- Li-ion batteries for EVs to surpass $26n by 2023
- Fraunhofer, Johnson Controls develop battery cooling solutions
- Schott, Delo make vehicle display screens crash-proof
- Audio amplifier makes e-cars' voice heard
- Global EV charging equipment market to reach USD5.8bn by 2022
- Volkswagen approves chokeless HS-CAN transceivers
- GENIVI 5.0 compliant embedded design platform targets Linux based in-vehicle infotainment systems
- Group prepares Android platform for cars
- Harman brings virtualisation and scalability to automotive infotainment
- Linking in-vehicle infotainment and phones at RTOS level
- Jaguar docks on to Intel for next-gen infotainment systems
- Interface integrates e-vehicles into smart grid
- Vehicle to Grid frequency regulation revenue to grow to USD190m annually by 2022
- Audi TT - a step towards the software-defined car
- Land Rover makes front part of vehicle 'invisible'
- EU agrees on charging plug for electric cars
- Porsche connects infotainment to cloud with HTML5
- Continental acquires British engineering partner Zytek
- Electric powertrain does away with rare earth metals
- Parrot sues Audi subsidiary over lost project
- Continental cranks up radar sensor production
- BMW updates navigation maps via mobile radio connection
- University of Parma refines autonomous driving
- Ice warning from the cloud
- Traffic flow: Cooperative systems beat driver assistance
- Freescale, Broadcom bring surround view to automotive mainstream
- Renault cockpit woos the connected lifestyle
- Hella creates eye-catcher with curved OLEDs
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms