Software speeds development for Android-based IVI systems
As consumer electronics and automotive worlds continue to blend, the role of software is becoming increasingly more important. The auto industry is racing to offer sophisticated IVI features but often don't possess the embedded device software expertise and need additional assistance from domain experts, as in the case of Android. Also, properly integrating cutting edge software in advanced IVI systems with the complex automotive environment presents additional challenges.
Key features of the Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android, Automotive include enablement of iPod/iPhone/iPad docking for rich multimedia capabilities, a customizable user interface that can be modified by the consumer, and FM radio capabilities.
Wind River also delivers expert software and systems integration services to support customers in their various programs. Wind River's professional services provide a vast array of additional automotive capabilities and technologies such as hyperboot to reduce boot time of an IVI system, firmware management delivering updates to Android devices supporting both online and offline update methods and Bluetooth IVI extensions to control personal phones via the in-vehicle centre console.
The Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android portfolio of software offers developers a catalogue of validated applications and middleware components from which they can pick and choose software elements to fill gaps in expertise and immediately integrate complex, differentiating features. By combining Wind River Solution Accelerators for Android with Wind River support and expert custom engineering services, customers can equip themselves with a high level of flexibility, choice and commercial Android expertise as they create Android-based products optimized for their market specific needs. The addition of the automotive software builds on Wind River's efforts to develop Android components to serve specialized technology and vertical market needs.
For more information about Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android, Automotive, visit http://www.windriver.com/products/mobile/solution-accelerator-automotive/.
- Harman: How the Connected Car shapes future infotainment systems
- Tester scrutinises electric and mechanic elements of infotainment systems
- Wind River shows ECU consolidation, smartphone integration
- General Motors targets Tesla with EV launches
- Specialist relay carries heavy surge currents for EV/HEV pre-charge function
- Advanced V2X system boasts accurate satellite positioning
- U-blox buys into automotive, acquires modules business from Lesswire
- VxWorks adds Profile to speed development of safety-critical systems
- Twisted pair wireline pushes data rates up to 10 Gbit/s in vehicles
- Vehicle-to-X technology: 1.300 km drive starts at electronica
- Freescale extends development environment for in-vehicle Ethernet
- Visteon concept marries data security and connectivity
- Is there a future for the MOST bus?
- Parkmobile signs mobile payment agreement with the BMW Group
- Module combines support for WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC
- Is this the Tesla killer?
- Self-driving cars in real-world traffic with real customers
- Flow cell powertrain stuns with extreme data
- Audi launches lighting lab
- Porsche rainmaker advocates platooning
- Rear axle becomes steerable… by wire
- NXP, Freescale plan mega merger
- Xilinx flexes its muscles in the ADAS arena
- Volvo cars share road-condition info in the cloud
- Infineon, Hella make radar sensor more affordable
- Ballard IP to boost Audi’s fuel cell developments
- Infineon: CAN FD success goes at the expense of FlexRay
- Four-channel video encoder addresses parking assist systems
- Freescale unveils vision SoC for accident-free cars
- OLED exterior lighting soon in series vehicles, Osram says
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking