Software speeds development for Android-based IVI systems
As consumer electronics and automotive worlds continue to blend, the role of software is becoming increasingly more important. The auto industry is racing to offer sophisticated IVI features but often don't possess the embedded device software expertise and need additional assistance from domain experts, as in the case of Android. Also, properly integrating cutting edge software in advanced IVI systems with the complex automotive environment presents additional challenges.
Key features of the Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android, Automotive include enablement of iPod/iPhone/iPad docking for rich multimedia capabilities, a customizable user interface that can be modified by the consumer, and FM radio capabilities.
Wind River also delivers expert software and systems integration services to support customers in their various programs. Wind River's professional services provide a vast array of additional automotive capabilities and technologies such as hyperboot to reduce boot time of an IVI system, firmware management delivering updates to Android devices supporting both online and offline update methods and Bluetooth IVI extensions to control personal phones via the in-vehicle centre console.
The Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android portfolio of software offers developers a catalogue of validated applications and middleware components from which they can pick and choose software elements to fill gaps in expertise and immediately integrate complex, differentiating features. By combining Wind River Solution Accelerators for Android with Wind River support and expert custom engineering services, customers can equip themselves with a high level of flexibility, choice and commercial Android expertise as they create Android-based products optimized for their market specific needs. The addition of the automotive software builds on Wind River's efforts to develop Android components to serve specialized technology and vertical market needs.
For more information about Wind River Solution Accelerator for Android, Automotive, visit http://www.windriver.com/products/mobile/solution-accelerator-automotive/.
- Visteon concept marries data security and connectivity
- Is there a future for the MOST bus?
- Parkmobile signs mobile payment agreement with the BMW Group
- Module combines support for WiFi, Bluetooth and NFC
- Intelligent bicycle gets connected
- EV battery electrochemical reaction revealed by Nanoscale study
- Li-ion battery simulator spurs traction battery development
- 100 yeas old: Traffic lights switch to smart mode
- This is how the cockpit of the future might look like
- Samsung SDI batteries to drive future BMW EVs
- VW grabs Blackberry's European R&D lab
- Automotive OEMs crowd around Google
- Sysgo offers virtualisation for Renesas infotainment platform
- Intel steps on the gas in the auto market
- Wind river infotainment platform is Genivi compliant
- Infineon's secret weapon: Dresden Fab, 48V car battery
- Is there a future for the MOST bus?
- When the steering wheel is a computer
- LTE successfully tested in V2X scenario
- Smartphone integration shifts automotive processor demand
- Breakthrough for traction batteries? Ultra-fast battery charges in 2 minutes
- Robot on the Racetrack: Audi presents driverless racing car
- ECU operating system to reduce complexity in the car
- Centralised architecture: Apps as driver assistant systems
- MCU comes with embedded 3D graphics
- Osram spotlights brightest LED for car headlights
- Volvo Trucks develops all-around view safety system
- Safety package protects small electric vehicles
- Smartphone terminal combines wireless charging, antenna and NFC
- SoC architecture is optimised for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform