Synchronous buck converter delivers 90% efficiency at very low quiescent current
The LTC3630's internal synchronous rectification and its programmable peak current limit design optimize efficiency while minimizing output ripple and external component size. Furthermore, output current can be programmed between 50mA and 500mA with a single resistor. The LTC3630's output voltage can be adjusted with an external resistor divider to voltages from 0.8V to VIN, or it can be easily programmed to deliver a fixed 1.8V, 3.3V or 5V output with 1% accuracy. The combination of its 3mm x 5mm DFN package or thermally enhanced MSOP-16E and only three tiny externals offers a highly compact solution footprint for a wide array of general purpose applications.
The LTC3630 utilizes internal high side and low side power MOSFETs to ensure high efficiency in a very compact footprint. Additionally, the LTC3630 offers a precise run threshold and soft-start feature to ensure that system
start-up is well controlled in any environment. Furthermore, a feedback comparator output enables multiple LTC3630s to be paralleled for higher current applications. Due to the inherent stability of the converter, no external compensation is required, thereby minimizing the solution footprint.
Pricing for the LTC3630EDHC and the LTC3630EMSE starts at $3.20 each. Industrial grade versions, the LTC3630IDHC and LTC3630IMSE, are tested and guaranteed to operate over a -40°C to 125°C operating junction temperature range and are priced at $3.55 each. Automotive grade versions, the LTC3630HDHC and LTC3630HMSE, are tested and guaranteed to operate from -40°C to 150°C operating junction temperature and are priced at $3.80 each. Military Plastic grade versions, the LTC3630MPDHC and LTC3630MPMSE, are tested and guaranteed to operate over a -55°C to 150°C operating junction temperature range and are priced at $10.72 each. All pricing is for 1,000-piece quantities and all versions are available from stock.
For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTC3630.
- Microchip adds enhanced noise immunity, ECC flash to MCUs
- Supercapacitor innovation promises panel-powered cars
- Automotive MCU system power supplies for idling-stop systems
- Synchronous step-down DC/DC offers 93% efficiency at automotive voltages
- 40V, 400mA output, step-down regulator has dual tracking LDOs
- Breakthrough for traction batteries? Ultra-fast battery charges in 2 minutes
- Research platform refines EV battery production processes
- 36V monolithic 1A push-pull DC/DC transformer driver
- 1A, 1.5 MHz, 65V boost/inverter DC/DC converter
- Automotive/industrial buck controller maintains efficiency at high conversion ratios
- MIT, Fraunhofer research future mobility
- Step-down switcher offers very high efficiency, handles cold-crank
- Power infotainment systems with automotive buck regulator
- DC/DC converter enables broad range of topologies
- Power USB VBUS in Autos with the LT8697
- Virtual car key, Lidar sensors and more: Valeo flexes its muscles
- LA Auto Show: Hydrogen fuel cell drive is back
- Researchers unlock potential of phased-array radar for automotive deployment
- Advanced lead-carbon batteries could enable 48V super hybrid vehicles
- Renesas shifts automotive centre of gravity to Europe
- Sensor package saves cost, meets ASIL D
- NXP extends NFC ecosystem to the car
- Vehicle-to-X technology: 1.300 km drive starts at electronica
- Eye-tracking, the next wave in HMI design?
- Bosch brings electronic fuel system, connectivity to Asian motorbikes
- Spansion CEO: "Quality happens at the system level"
- TRW power steering system in VW, Skoda, Audi and Fiat
- Carmakers lead German industry in R&D spending
- Research project significantly improves electronics reliability
- Automotive MCU targets high-end, integrated-systems applications
- Making cars safer through technology innovation
- Supplying DC input power for HEV testing
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform