Synchronous buck converter delivers 90% efficiency at very low quiescent current
The LTC3630's internal synchronous rectification and its programmable peak current limit design optimize efficiency while minimizing output ripple and external component size. Furthermore, output current can be programmed between 50mA and 500mA with a single resistor. The LTC3630's output voltage can be adjusted with an external resistor divider to voltages from 0.8V to VIN, or it can be easily programmed to deliver a fixed 1.8V, 3.3V or 5V output with 1% accuracy. The combination of its 3mm x 5mm DFN package or thermally enhanced MSOP-16E and only three tiny externals offers a highly compact solution footprint for a wide array of general purpose applications.
The LTC3630 utilizes internal high side and low side power MOSFETs to ensure high efficiency in a very compact footprint. Additionally, the LTC3630 offers a precise run threshold and soft-start feature to ensure that system
start-up is well controlled in any environment. Furthermore, a feedback comparator output enables multiple LTC3630s to be paralleled for higher current applications. Due to the inherent stability of the converter, no external compensation is required, thereby minimizing the solution footprint.
Pricing for the LTC3630EDHC and the LTC3630EMSE starts at $3.20 each. Industrial grade versions, the LTC3630IDHC and LTC3630IMSE, are tested and guaranteed to operate over a -40°C to 125°C operating junction temperature range and are priced at $3.55 each. Automotive grade versions, the LTC3630HDHC and LTC3630HMSE, are tested and guaranteed to operate from -40°C to 150°C operating junction temperature and are priced at $3.80 each. Military Plastic grade versions, the LTC3630MPDHC and LTC3630MPMSE, are tested and guaranteed to operate over a -55°C to 150°C operating junction temperature range and are priced at $10.72 each. All pricing is for 1,000-piece quantities and all versions are available from stock.
For more information, visit www.linear.com/product/LTC3630.
- High rel capacitors resist vibration and operate to 135ºC
- 40-V, 2-A buck-boost DC/DC converter fits in 20-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package
- Gone in sixty seconds: extracting M2M vehicle data
- Phase modulated full-bridge controller features wide operating temperature range
- Fraunhofer claims breakthrough towards cost-efficient e-car batteries
- 60-V input inverting DC/DC controller uses a single inductor to simplify design
- New IC technology boosts performance of large lithium Ion battery packs
- Space-saving charge pump IC accepts wide input voltage range
- Semtech expands automotive qualified product platform for power management and display backlighting applications
- 48-V constant on-time synchronous step-down converter targets automotive and industrial applications
- Bosch drives down fuel consumption - in a salami technique
- Automotive microcontroller benchmark takes energy efficiency into account
- Graphics chip recognizes nearby pedestrians and bicycles
- Study investigates V2V communications with motorcycles
- Lithium-ion batteries withstand 10.000 charging cycles
- Continental supplies powertrain for Renault's e-car Zoe
- Time for a new UI programming paradigm
- Audi picks Analog Devices for semiconductor program
- Volvo builds small e-car series for Siemens
- CAN transceiver family supports CAN FD, offers chokeless EMC performance