Testing hybrid engine technology
June 05, 2012 | By Kelvin Hagebeuk | 222902278
Essentially a vehicle's powertrain is the system that powers the car - traditionally a combustion engine - and transfers that power to the transmission, drive shaft and finally to the wheels of the car.
Electrification of the powertrain is shaping the future of developments in vehicle technology – along with influence from sustainable energy drivers to push high fuel efficiency or to be compliant with relevant CO2 emission legislation. In addition, key technology drivers are now focusing on improved drivability and durability along with newly applied techniques such as inverter technologies to power the electric motor or used to charge the battery as a result of regenerative breaking.
Read the full article on page 17 of our June digital edition.
Please login to post your comment - click here
- Precision Power Scope combines oscilloscope and power analyser
- Yokogawa enhances DLM4000 oscilloscope for use in automotive environments
- Input modules extend automotive testing capabilities of Yokogawa DL850V ScopeCorder
- CAN bus analysis on latest ScopeCorder
- Mixed-signal oscilloscope supports FlexRay bus analysis
MOST POPULAR NEWS
- Apple, Tesla, the perfect couple?
- Flow cell challenges litihium ion
- Volvo builds HMI around large centre-stack touch screen
- Automotive MEMS: A changing global landscape
- Why Japan leads in electromobility - and why this could change soon
- Tesla reveals USD5bn lithium-ion battery 'Gigafactory' manufacturing plans
- One hardware, multiple domains: virtualising is the answer
- Ford demos automated driving at Mobile World Congress
- Reports: Ford to dump Microsoft in SYNC in favour of QNX OS
- Future urban mobility: the autopilot takes over
- Strong growth ahead for automotive image sensors
- Newswatch: Tesla sketches out roadmap for the future?
- Road magnets help cars to navigate
- New kid on the powertrain controller block: Scaleo
- Smart vibration damping improves comfort, reduces weight
- NSR Noise Suppressors: Wirewound Resistors
- Virtual Hardware “In-the-Loop”: Earlier Testing for Automotive Applications
- Open Standards and Product Differentiation
- Camera Solutions with Micrel Power Management and Networking
- Deterministic Real-Time Ethernet Platform
- Using Ethernet Applications to Optimize Automotive Electronics Platforms