ACPL-K30T is an optocoupler-based photovoltaic driver device designed to drive high voltage MOSFET and withstand extreme heat for automotive under-the-hood applications. The device is intended for use in battery management systems of modern electric vehicles (EV), hybrid electric vehicles (HEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEV) as well as high-temperature power systems of conventional internal combustion engine vehicles.
The ACPL-K30T is the industry's first solid state photovoltaic driver that is automotive qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1. The device features high ESD rating and fast turn-off time, and is compatible with a wide selection of AEC-Q101 certified MOSFET components to form a solid state relay solution of desired voltage or current rating. The ACPL-K30T is the latest addition to the Avago R2Coupler family of automotive optocouplers, providing reinforced insulation and reliability for mission critical under-the-hood applications.
The ACPL-K30T characteristics include;
- Qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1 test guidelines
- Automotive operating temperature from -40 to +125 °C
- Open circuit voltage: 7V (typical at LED drive current of 10 mA)
- Short circuit current: 5 µA (typical at LED drive current of 10 mA)
- Fast turn-off time of 40 µsec (Typical)
- 2 kV human body model ESD rating
- Stretched SO-8 package compatible with standard surface mount processes
- Lead(Pb) free and RoHS 6 fully compliant