The automotive processors targeted for executing AUTOSAR applications and services are more complex and more powerful than previously used. With this comes an increasing challenge to manage application complexity, “debuggability” and function freedom from interference.
Green Hills Software's approach to supporting the development and use of AUTOSAR in automotive electronics results in an AUTOSAR and processor vendor neutral solution for combining legacy OSEK, legacy AUTOSAR and/or new AUTOSAR applications and services safely and reliably into a single ECU.
With this approach, designers continue to use their favourite AUTOSAR vendor solutions. Green Hills has developed an integration with AUTOSAR development and run-time environments that deliver safe separation, debug and execution of AUTOSAR applications while safely combining AUTOSAR applications at different Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASIL) and even from different AUTOSAR vendors. This approach provides independent and complete memory and time protection while being able to safely combine multiple Scalability Class 1 (SC1) applications onto a single ECU. All of this is made possible by taking advantage of the Green Hills INTEGRITY operating system’s freedom-from-interference guarantees.
This support for the OSEK/AUTOSAR application build and execution includes the following major components:
- INTEGRITY separation kernel for applications demanding safety, reliability and security
- MULTI integrated development environment featuring multicore debugger, profiler and many other integrated time-saving tools
- AUTOSAR vendor integration components for INTEGRITY and MULTI
- Software and services compliant to the highest levels of automotive and industrial safety standards including ISO 26262, IEC 61508 and EN 50128
- High-performance (as measured by EEMBC benchmarks) C/C++ compilers and complete tool chain that leverage the Neon media processing engine and floating point units
Integrated code quality tools including MISRA C/C++ and DoubleCheck™ static analyzer
- Multicore run-control, board bring-up, low-level debugging and real-time trace debugging with the Green HiIls Probe and SuperTrace Probe
Green Hills Software; www.ghs.com