A four-channel buck DC/DC converter with PMBus/I ²C digital interface for applications in space-constrained equipment that experience high ambient operating temperature without cooling, such as small cell base stations, infotainment and solid state devices, the TPS65400 dual- or quad-output configurable DC/DC converter integrates eight power MOSFETs and claims efficiency of up to 95% in the smallest footprint.
The TPS65400 includes four high-current synchronous buck switching regulators with integrated MOSFETs. Each switching converter supplies a 2-A or 4-A output: switching frequency for the converter is independently adjustable up to 2.2 MHz. The TPS65400, which can be powered from a single-input voltage rail between 4.5V and 18V, supports applications running off a 5-V or 12-V intermediate power distribution bus.
- Flexible power up/down sequencing control.
- Parameter configuration and status monitoring via PMBus.
- Dynamic voltage scaling optimises processor performance.
- Phase interleaving reduces input capacitance and ripple.
- Current sharing supports higher output current.
- 48-pin VQFN package measures 7 x 7 x 0.9 mm.
TPS65400 is priced at $3.68 (1,000).; the TPS65400EVM-678 evaluation module is $199. A blog on sequencing for performance processors and FPGAs is here.