The software vendor delivered the embedded industry’s first 64-bit secure virtualization solution last year, a platform that was partially developed with the specific capabilities of the R-Car H3 in mind. This platform the ISO 26262 functional safety requirements of today’s automotive applications. In addition it is versatile enough to be adapted to a wide range of applications from fully reconfigurable digital instrument clusters, to highly integrated automotive cockpits, to highly specialized ADAS systems (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems) providing the compute and sensor fusion capabilities for the upcoming autonomous vehicle age.
The INTEGRITY RTOS and Multivisor platform includes support for:
- Fully accelerated 3D graphics utilising the PowerVR GX6650 3D graphics processing unit (GPU). Includes the capability to fully share the GPU between the host RTOS and multiple guest operating systems, all while ensuring the RTOS graphics applications have guaranteed priority for meeting functional safety requirements.
- Complete AUTOSAR-compliant application framework, allowing existing AUTOSAR software components to be seamlessly and tightly integrated, providing for maximum software re-use.
- Complete support for the various application processors on the R-Car H3 with a variety of configurations.
- Highly configurable virtualization platform allowing users to seamlessly configure peripheral routing and utilisation between host RTOS and any guest operating system, including the ability to safely share peripherals between critical tasks and general-purpose tasks or guest operating systems.
- Secure virtualization and separation technology allows ISO 26262-certified application code to coexist with general-purpose code or guest operating systems without any interference. The platform can monitor the health of all applications and guests in real-time.
- Support for functional safety elements of the Renesas R-Car H3 SoC.
- Maximum virtualization performance utilising hardware acceleration built into the Renesas R-Car architecture.
More information: www.ghs.com.